- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 1 to 2 working days.
Managing Web Projects
The Management of Large Projects and Programmes for Web-Space Delivery
- Publication Date:May 2004
- Publisher:Ashgate Publishing
- Product Type: Book
Managing Web Projects The Management of Large Projects and Programmes for Web-Space Delivery
The cost of unsuccessful web projects runs into many millions; intranets that don't deliver, websites that customers won't use. Sometimes the problem is technological, but at other times, the project team has failed to understand some of the basic human dynamics involved, or have used processes that are inappropriate.
Managing Web Projects describes how to manage a successful web-delivery project. Running throughout is a case study (based on a real occurrence) that is developed chapter by chapter to demonstrate project management concepts in the context of a web-delivery project. The book is illustrated throughout by examples, also drawn from actual cases of web-delivery projects. An appendix provides essential planning forms described in the book as well as the forms for the case study project running throughout.
- The Nature of Web Projects: Features of web projects
- Web projects are..
- The Management of Web Projects: Project start
- Project definition
- Project success and strategy
- Managing scope
- Organizing the project
- Managing stakeholders
- Managing quality control and configuration
- Managing cost
- Managing time
- Managing risk
- Controlling the project
- Project close-out
- Managing programmes and portfolios of projects