- PDF: Delivered by email usually within 48 UK business hours.
Waste Management, Inc. (WM)
Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Product Code:GDA05754
- Publication Date:February 2011
- Product Type: Report
Waste Management, Inc. (WM) Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Waste Management, Inc. (WM) * Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Waste Management, Inc. (Waste Management) principally engages in providing integrated waste services throughout North America. The company through its six subsidiaries offers a wide range of waste management services. Its major services include collection, transfer, recycling, disposal, and waste-to-energy services. Waste Management undertakes environmental projects, which includes recovering and processing of the methane gas produced naturally by landfills into a renewable energy source. Its customer base includes commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers, other waste management companies, electric utilities, and governmental entities.
Waste Management, Inc. Key Recent Developments...
Dec 14, 2010: Westar Energy Plans To Add 369MW Of Wind Energy To Its Renewable Energy Resource Portfolio
Oct 28, 2010: Waste Management Reports Operating Revenues Of $3.23 Billion In Q3 2010
Oct 27, 2010: WMOC Launches New Food And Organic Recycling Technology In Orange County, Southern California
Sep 23, 2010: Greenopolis, PepsiCo Celebrate Four Millionth Item Recycled Using Automated Recycling System
Jul 29, 2010: Waste Management Reports Net Income Of $246 Million In Q2 2010
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Waste Management, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
This report covers the following industry codes:
- SIC Code: 4953
- NAICS Code: 56292
- Waste Management, Inc. - Key Facts
- Waste Management, Inc. - Key Employees
- Waste Management, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
- Waste Management, Inc. - Major Products and Services
- Waste Management, Inc. - History
- Waste Management, Inc. - Company Statement
- Waste Management, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
- Waste Management, Inc. - Business Description
- Waste Management, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Overview
- Waste Management, Inc. - Strengths
- Strength - Wide Service Portfolio and Distribution Network
- Strength - Secured Supply of Waste
- Strength - Efficient Use of Resources
- Waste Management, Inc. - Weaknesses
- Weakness - Operational Inefficiency
- Weakness - Limited Geographical Presence
- Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
- Waste Management, Inc. - Opportunities
- Opportunity - Growth Strategy
- Opportunity - Awareness of Environmental Services
- Opportunity - Operational Restructuring
- Waste Management, Inc. - Threats
- Threat - Government and Environmental Regulations
- Threat - Alternatives to Landfill and Waste-to-Energy Facilities
- Threat - Intense Competition
- Waste Management, Inc. - Key Competitors
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
- Performance Chart
- Financial Performance
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
- Waste Management, Inc., Alternative Energy, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
- Waste Management, Inc., Alternative Energy Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
- Dec 14, 2010: Westar Energy Plans To Add 369MW Of Wind Energy To Its Renewable Energy Resource Portfolio
- Oct 28, 2010: Waste Management Reports Operating Revenues Of $3.23 Billion In Q3 2010
- Oct 27, 2010: WMOC Launches New Food And Organic Recycling Technology In Orange County, Southern California
- Sep 23, 2010: Greenopolis, PepsiCo Celebrate Four Millionth Item Recycled Using Automated Recycling System
- Jul 29, 2010: Waste Management Reports Net Income Of $246 Million In Q2 2010
- Jul 07, 2010: Waste Management Launches Curbside CFL Recycling Program
- May 25, 2010: Waste Management Debuts Landfill-Gas-To-Energy Facility In Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 29, 2010: Waste Management Reports Net Income Of $182 Million In Q1 2010
- Apr 21, 2010: PepsiCo And Waste Management Announce Multi-Year Partnership Designed To Improve On-The-Go Recycling
- Apr 13, 2010: Waste Management Announces West Carleton Environmental Centre
- Ratio Definitions
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us