- PDF: Delivered by email usually within 48 UK business hours.
Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Publication Date:August 2011
- Product Type: Report
L'Oreal (OR) Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
L'Oreal (OR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
L'Oreal is one of the leading cosmetic goods companies in the world. The company is principally engaged in the manufacture and marketing of make-up, perfume and fragrances, haircare, styling and skin care products. It is also engaged in dermatology business through its subsidiary, Galderma Pharma S.A. The company offers its products through various brands such as L'Oreal, Garnier, Maybelline, Biotherm, Shu Uemura, Lancome, Helena Rubinstein, Kiehl's, Ralph Lauren, L'Oreal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix and Mizani. The company operates in over 130 countries across Eastern and Western Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia and Africa and Orient Pacific. L'Oreal is headquartered in Clichy, France.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of L'Oreal provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
This report covers the following industry codes:
SIC Code: 2844
NAICS Code: 32562
- Section 1 - About the Company
- L'Oreal - Key Facts
- L'Oreal - Key Employees
- L'Oreal - Key Employee Biographies
- L'Oreal - Major Products and Services
- L'Oreal - History
- L'Oreal - Company Statement
- L'Oreal - Locations And Subsidiaries
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
- Joint Venture
- Section 2 - Company Analysis
- L'Oreal - Business Description
- L'Oreal - Corporate Strategy
- L'Oreal - SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Overview
- L'Oreal - Strengths
- Strength - Strong Brand Equity
- Strength - Diversified Geographical Operations
- Strength - Innovative Products
- L'Oreal - Weaknesses
- Weakness - Increasing Trade Receivables
- Weakness - Higher Inventory
- L'Oreal - Opportunities
- Opportunity - New Potential Markets
- Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
- Opportunity - Rise of Organic and Natural Cosmetics
- Opportunity - Women in Science Program
- L'Oreal - Threats
- Threat - Rising Counterfeit Goods Market
- Threat - Change in Consumer Preferences
- Threat - Intensive Competitive Environment
- L'Oreal - Key Competitors
- Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
- Performance Chart
- Financial Performance
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
- L'Oreal, Recent Deals Summary
- Section 4 - Appendix
- Ratio Definitions
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us
- List of Tables
- L'Oreal, Key Facts
- L'Oreal, Key Employees
- L'Oreal, Key Employee Biographies
- L'Oreal, Major Products and Services
- L'Oreal, History
- L'Oreal, Subsidiaries
- L'Oreal, Joint Venture
- L'Oreal, Key Competitors
- L'Oreal, Ratios based on current share price
- L'Oreal, Annual Ratios
- L'Oreal, Interim Ratios
- L'Oreal, Recent Deals Summary
- Currency Codes
- Capital Market Ratios
- Equity Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Cost Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Leverage Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
- List of Figures
- L'Oreal, Performance Chart (2006 - 2010)
- L'Oreal, Ratio Charts