• PDF: Delivered by email usually within 4 to 8 UK business hours.
  • PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 1 to 2 working days.

Premium Company Profile: Safeway Inc.

  • Publication Date:February 2008
  • Publisher:Datamonitor
  • Product Type: Report
  • Pages:41
  • ISBN:Premium Company Profile: Safeway Inc.

Premium Company Profile: Safeway Inc.

Introduction

Safeway hopes to boost growth by implementing a Lifestyle store format that emphasizes on customer experience and organic produce, while continuing to remain rooted to its traditional grocery store positioning.

Scope

  • Contains corporate strategy, value chain presence and SWOT Analysis
  • Provides detailed business description, segment analysis, 5-year financial trends, key products and key competitors
  • Includes information on suppliers/ partners, shareholding structure and key employees with biographies

Highlights

Safeway is one of the largest retailers in the US grocery market. With over 1,000 in-store pharmacies in the US, the company has the third largest pharmacy sales among US grocery retailers. Safeway operates 1,761 stores in the Western, Southwestern, Rocky Mountain, and Mid-Atlantic regions of the US as well as Western Canada

It operates grocery stores under several brands including Vons (Southern California), Dominick's Finer Foods (Chicago), Carr-Gottstein Foods (Alaska), Genuardi's Family Markets (eastern US), and Randall's Food Markets (Texas) and has a private label portfolio that includes brands such as Safeway Select, Lucerne, O Organics and Mrs. Wright's.

Safeway operates in the US and Canada, the former accounting for approximately 86% of total revenues and the latter for the rest of 14%. Safeway recorded a decline in same store sales in 2006, which indicates lower market penetration as compared to its competitors.

Reasons to Purchase

  • Access all the important information and analysis on the company in a single report
  • Understand company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats along with business strategy and value chain
  • Gain access to company's adjusted five year financial data along with key ratios and market capitalization
  • Overview
    • Catalyst
    • Summary
    • Tables
    • Company Structure
    • Company Overview and Key Facts
    • History
    • Locations and Subsidiaries
    • Company Financials
    • Overview
    • Revenue by Geography
    • Products and Services List
    • Major Products and Services List
    • Competitors and Strategic Business Relationships
    • Key Competitors
    • Suppliers/Partners
    • Strategy
    • Company View
    • Strategy
    • Corporate Social Responsibility
    • SWOT Analysis
    • Overview
    • Strengths
    • Weaknesses
    • Opportunities
    • Threats
    • Value Chain Analysis
    • Overview:
    • Raw Materials
    • Manufacture
    • Operations and Distribution
    • Sales
    • Key Employees
  • List of Key Employees
    • Key Employee Biographies
  • Appendix
    • Ask The Analyst
    • Datamonitor Consulting
    • Disclaimer
    • Tables
    • Table 1: Safeway: Key Facts
    • Table 2: Safeway - Other Locations and Subsidiaries
    • Table 3: Safeway: Revenue by Geography
    • Table 4: Safeway - List of Products
    • Table 5: Safeway - List of Brands
    • Table 6: Safeway - Key Competitors
    • Table 7: Safeway - SWOT Analysis Summary
    • Table 8: Safeway - Value Chain Analysis
    • Table 9: Safeway: Key Employees
+44 20 8816 8548

Ask a question about Premium Company Profile: Safeway Inc.

Enter the characters you see in the picture below
Captcha