- PDF: Immediate delivery
Global Flexible Display Market
- Product Code:INF00849
- Publication Date:March 2010
- Product Type: Report
Global Flexible Display Market 2009 2013
Flexible Displays are paper thin electronic display screens that are light weight, rugged and more durable than the conventional displays. Further, they can be flexed or rolled up without losing its displaying capabilities. Flexibility in displays is achieved by replacing the glass substrate with plastic or other flexible substrate material. These displays can be non-rectangular in shape and require a fraction of the power consumed by Light Emitting Diode (LED) displays. Such features have given rise to a wide variety of application possibilities. Thus, new applications are being developed by smaller vendors and research institutes, leading the traditional display manufacturers to invest in Flexible Display technologies.
Rapid evolution of the Flexible Display technologies have given rise to various new market possibilities to such manufacturing companies. With the traditional display vendors understanding the potential of Flexible Displays, the market is set to expand drastically. Moreover, increasing consumer applications have moved the Flexible Display market towards commoditization.
With the increase in payment options over open networks (such as the Internet), various frauds involving credit cards have plagued the issuing companies. Thus, new smart cards with incorporated Flexible Displays are increasingly being used in cards for financial payments. With microprocessors, these cards generate new passwords for every transaction, reducing attacks. helps reduce frauds linked with open standard based Smart Cards. Thus, such secured transaction capabilities are driving the market for Flexible Display.
This report by TechNavio Insights scope of the Global Flexible Display market.Further it discussestrends, drivers, growth inhibitors and a few major vendors in the market.
- 2. Market Size and Forecast
- 3. Geographic Segmentation
- 3.1 Market Size in Americas
- 3.2 Market Size in APAC
- 3.3 Market Size in EMEA
- 4. Market Trends in Global Flexible Displays
- 5. Market Drivers in Flexible Display Market
- 6. Market Challenges in Flexible Display Market
- 7. Vendors
- 8. Related Reports in this Series
- List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 2.1: Global Flexible Display Market Size and Forecast 2009-2013 (In $million)
- Exhibit 3.1: Global Flexible Display Market Segmentation by Geography - 2009
- Exhibit 3.2: Flexible Display Market Size in Americas - 2009-2013 (in $million)
- Exhibit 3.3: Flexible Display Market Size in APAC - 2009-2013 (in $million)
- Exhibit 3.4: Flexible Display Market Size in EMEA - 2009-2013 (in $million)