- PDF: Delivered by email usually within 4 to 8 UK business hours.
- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 1 to 2 working days.
The STE Strategy Map: semantic software in business terminology
- Product Code:OVM00977
- Publication Date:October 2009
- Product Type: Report
The STE Strategy Map: semantic software in business terminology IT
As part of the Value-IT project consortium, Ovum is working with the European Commission and consortium partners to examine the market potential and activity for Semantic Technologies in the Enterprise (STEs). Both vendors and executives are challenged to describe in clear business terms how and why semantic technologies might fit within an organization. The inability to do so is slowing the uptake of STEs in companies – potentially leaving the less alert IT manager behind and minimizing the market opportunity for suppliers. Ovum has developed the STE Strategy Map to help managers and vendors remedy the situation.
- Executive Summary
- in a Nutshell
- The problem that slows the spread of semantic technologies
- Semantic technology is hard to explain
- What can semantic technologies do for the enterprise?
- The STE Strategy Map: bridging the needs of IT managers and vendors
- Corporate dimensions: how to describe a company in semantic terms
- How semantic technologies support business activities
- Why the semantic map has curves
- How a business developer finds opportunities for STEs
- Predicting the roadmap: where are semantic technologies going?
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Contexts within a business
- Figure 2: Conceptual and non-conceptual activities in a business
- Figure 3: The curved map: constraints on semantic technologies
- Figure 4: Corporate pain points with semantic responses
- Figure 5: A roadmap for semantic technology