- PDF: Delivered by email usually within 4 to 8 UK business hours.
- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 1 to 2 working days.
Retail Futures: Composite Q4
- Product Code:VDT01634
- Publication Date:November 2010
- Product Type: Report
Retail Futures: Composite Q4 2010
Verdict Research: Retail Futures is a unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures every three months. A Sector Summary Report and seven UK sector and two UK channel forecasts are available (Clothing & Footwear, DIY & Gardening, Electricals, Furniture & Floorcoverings, Food & Grocery, Health & Beauty, Homewares, e-Retail, DIY Superstores).
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years.
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next nine quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates.
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies.
- Forecast for online retailing, analysing total online spend, split down into food and non-food.
Growth improves in Q3, though remains relatively weak
- Food remains the major driver of growth, though improvements are also seen in non food.
- Total volume growth also improves, though is still low at just 0.5%.
Inflation a major driver
- Increasing to 1.3% in Q3 and trending upwards in Q4
- Clothing & footwear a major driver of this - impacted by the weakness of sterling, rising cotton prices and increased transportation costs.
Clothing & footwear and health & beauty outperform...
- Both remain the only non-food sectors experiencing growth - both heavily driven by inflation.
Reasons to Purchase
- Find out which retail sectors will perform the best at Christmas and build strategies around it.
- This unique service provides constantly updated forecasts that ensures you are making the right decisions, based on the latest data.
- The reliable and accurate data exposes opportunities for growth and is a key operational planning tool to aid tactical and strategic decision-making.
- It allows you to benchmark performance with confidence and set effective targets to help maximise performance.
- Setting The Scene
- Economic Synopsis
- Retail Synopsis
- Total Retail Expenditure Analysis
- Growth Drivers This Quarter
- Growth Trends
- Retail Sector Expenditure Summary
- Market Values (Current Prices)
- Growth Rates
- Market Volumes (2004 Constant Prices)
- Growth Rates
- Retail Sector Expenditure Analysis
- Food & Grocery
- Clothing & Footwear
- Diy & Gardening
- Diy Superstores
- Furniture & Floorcoverings
- Health & Beauty
- Principle Sources
- Help & Tips to Use The Quarterly Forecasts
- Bespoke Forecasts & Consulting