- PDF: Delivered by email within 48 hours of placing the order (UK Working Hours)
- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 2 to 4 working days.
Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report
- Product Code:YST00060
- Publication Date:December 2011
- Product Type: Report
Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Mercado Libre is the leading B2C E-Commerce Player in Brazil
The new ""Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"" by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com informs about recent trends and revenue figures in B2C E-Commerce in Brazil. Besides the share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales and successful product categories, the report covers Internet user and online shopper statistics as well as leading players.
First it should be noted that Brazil generates by far the highest B2C E-Commerce revenues in all of Latin America. Online revenues are expected to grow further in Brazil; however, forecasts predict less strong growth than in previous years.
Popularity of Group Shopping is soaring in Brazil
More than one third of all Internet users in Brazil conduct online purchases. However, the number of online shoppers is growing slower than in previous years. Overall, more than half of all online shoppers in Brazil made at least one purchase in 2012. ""Household articles and information technology"" and ""household appliances"" were the most frequently purchased product categories, followed by ""books and magazines"". In 2011, group shopping was especially popular among online shoppers in Brazil. Almost half of them conducted purchases on group shopping websites, and more than three quarters of them planned to repeat this.
Internet Users spend the longest Time on Mass Merchant Websites
In December 2011, the leading online retailer in Brazil in terms of the time Internet users spent on its website was mass merchant Mercado Libre, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza, both of which are also mass merchants. For Mercado Libre, Brazil is the most important Latin American market, given that the country generates almost as much revenues as all the other countries of the region combined. Magazine Luiza was able to increase its online revenues between the third quarter of 2011 and the third quarter of 2012 by more than 25%.
Amazon is seeking to enter the developing Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market as well and is looking to acquire the B2C E-Commerce platform of Brazilian book store chain and publisher Saraiva. Although Saraiva itself denied this, the Brazilian market is attractive for Amazon. In December, the company has launched a Brazilian online shop for the Kindle e-Reader. German OTTO-Group is also active in Brazil. With Brazilian mail-order company Posthaus, the joint venture DBR was founded in 2012. Furthermore, subsidiary Bonprix is active in Brazil with its own online shop.
According to yStats.com's ""Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012"", online retail in Brazil is expected to see decreasing growth rates in the coming years. Among the leading product categories are household articles and information technology, whereas Mercado Libre is the leading player on the market.
- Online clothing purchases and group shopping represented major trends in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market in 2011.
- B2C E-Commerce sales in Brazil are projected to increase by lower growth rates between 2011 and 2015 than in previous years.
- The most purchased online product categories in Brazil in April 2012 were ""Household Articles and Information Technology"", ""Household Appliances"", and ""Books and Magazines"".
- The share of online shoppers on Internet users in Brazil is expected to continue to increase, despite slowing growth rates in the number of online shoppers.
- In December 2011, Mercado Libre was the most engaging website in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- 1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
- 2. TRENDS
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
- Cross-Border international Online Shopping Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
- Internet Usage and B2C E-Commerce Trends among Seniors in Brazil, 2011/2012
- B2C E-Commerce Trends on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in Brazil, 2012
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in %, 2011
- Breakdown of Online Shopping Frequency in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
- Time spent between Online Research and Online Purchase in Brazil, by Time Range and Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
- Main Reasons in Brazil not to shop Online, by Product Category, incl. Shipping in % of Internet Users, July 2012
- Preferred Payment Methods in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, 12 Months to May 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
- M-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012 and Share of Consumers using Mobile Phones in Purchasing Process, in %, 2011
- Mobile Payment Market Trends in Brazil, 2012
- 3. SALES
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in USD million, 2005-2011
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in USD billion, 2010-2015f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, 2010-2013f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
- Online Travel Sales in Brazil, compared to the other BRIC Countries, in USD billion, 2010-2016f
- 4. SHARES
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Brazil, in %, 2011 & 2016f
- Share of M-Commerce on total E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in %, H1 2012 & 2013f
- 5. PRODUCTS
- Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
- Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, by Gender, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
- Purchased Mobile Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Mobile Shoppers, May-June 2012
- 6. USERS / SHOPPERS
- Internet Users in Brazil, compared to other BRIC Countries, in millions and in % Change, July 2011 & July 2012
- Breakdown of Internet Users in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, January 2012
- Mobile Internet Users in Brazil, in millions and in % of Population, 2010-2016f
- Online Shoppers in Brazil, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2010-2015f
- Online Shopper Penetration in Brazil, by Age Group, in % of Internet Users, April 2012
- Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, December 2011
- Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Region, in %, December 2011
- 7. PLAYERS
- Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 1-10, 2012
- Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 11-20, 2012
- Most engaging B2C E-Commerce Sites in Brazil, compared to total Retail, in Average Minutes, Average Pages and Average Visits per Visitor, December 2011
- Mercado Libre: Profile
- Mercado Libre: Net Revenues and Year-on-Year Revenue Growth, in USD million and in %, Q3 2011-Q3 2012
- Mercado Libre: Key Performance Metrics in Latin America, in USD, Persons, Items and %, Q3 2011 & Q3 2012
- Lojas Americanas: Profile
- Magazine Luiza: Profile
- News about Amazon in Brazil, 2012
- News about Otto Group in Brazil, 2012
- Top Travel Domains/Websites in Brazil, by Unique Visitors, in thousands, July 2012
- Mercado Libre
- Lojas Americanas
- Magazine Luiza