- PDF: Delivered by email within 12 to 48 hours of placing the order (Mon-Fri)
E-commerce Market in China
- Product Code:NSB00314
- Publication Date:November 2011
- Publisher:Netscribes (India)
- Product Type: Report
E-commerce Market in China 2011
The e-commerce market in China will be boosted by the high growth in internet population coupled with rise in online shopping.
The report begins with an introduction to the market which comprises of an illustration of the e-commerce operational model wherein it depicts the work flow of all the stakeholders involved in the market space. Another detailed illustration about the transaction flow in online commerce is also included in the report so as to provide a better picture of the overall transaction system. This is followed by the market overview of e-commerce in China, providing details on the industry size in terms of transaction volume and its growth. It also mentions the popular e-commerce business models, providing an overview, market size and competitive landscape of each type. The report discusses the technical specifications, important features and website design and development stages. It offers value added information regarding the building and hosting of a successful e-commerce website.
The various segments in the e-commerce market namely online retailing, online advertisement, online travel, online digital downloads, online financial services, online stock operations and online paid subscriptions have been analyzed and a brief overview of each segment is included.
Demand and supply perspective section in the report lists the benefits of e-commerce to both the vendors as well as the consumers. It comprises of an in-depth analysis of both the vendor perception and consumer objectives. It also lists the vital requirements for the vendors as well consumers in order to conduct commerce over the internet.
Factors driving the growth of e-commerce market in China have been covered and include increasing internet use, emerging middle class, rise in online shopping, extensive usage of plastic money, enhanced e-payment services, rise in mobile commerce, growing social network base and rise in target industries. The players operating in the market also face challenges which are impeding their development and growth. Major challenges identified are logistics challenges, huge online counterfeit market, psychological barrier and adaptive difficulty, security issues, system lacks talent and information resources, and entry barriers are also hampering the growth of the market.
The government policies and initiatives have been covered. Emerging trends in the e-commerce market have been highlighted and include geographical spread of online shopping, group buying, initiatives by players, internal logistics network, favourable demographics, traditional stores opting for online stores, availability of greater funding and rising popularity of e-books.
The competition section outlays the competitive landscape of the e-commerce industry in China providing information regarding the major domestic and foreign players existing in the market. This section provides a ranking of the players based on the revenue and profits followed by a 3 dimensional analysis of key players' revenues, profits and market capitalization. The report also features brief profiles of major domestic and foreign players in the market and a snapshot of their corporation, financial performance, business highlights and their product portfolio, providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario. It also lists the popular e-commerce websites along with the online traffic statistics.
Key takeaway section summarizes the entire market in terms of opportunities, trends and challenges persisting in the e-commerce market in China.
- Page 1: Executive Summary
- Page 2: Operation Model of an E-commerce System
- Page 3: Transaction Flow Model in Online Commerce
- Market Overview
- Page 4: E-commerce Market - Market Overview, Market Size and Growth (2009-15e), Growth of E-commerce Registered Accounts (2009-12e) and E-commerce Paying Accounts (2009-12e)
- Page 5: B2B E-commerce - Market Size and Growth (2009-15e), Competitive Landscape (2010), Revenue Break-Up (Q1 2011)
- Page 6-7: B2C / C2C E-commerce - Market Size and Growth (2009-14e), Growth of B2C/C2C Firms in China (2009-11e), Competitive Landscape - Market Share of B2C Players (2010), Market Share of C2C Players (Q2 2011), Target Industries
- Page 8-9: E-commerce - Website Design, Website Development Phases
- Market Segmentation
- Page 10: Online Retailing - Overview, Online Retail Sales (2010-13e), Segmentation of Goods Sold Online (2010), Online Retail Users (2009-10)
- Page 11: Online Advertising - Overview, Online Advertising (2010-13e), Market Segmentation (2009), Online Advertising Spending (2010-15e)
- Page 12: Online Travel - Overview, Travel Market Size (2008-11e), Market Share by Company, Online Travel Model
- Page 13-14: Online Digital Downloads - Overview, Online Video Users (2007-15e), Online Gaming Revenues (Q4 2009-Q2 2011), Online Gaming Market Share by Company
- Page 15: Online Financial Services - Overview, e-Banking Utilization Rate (2009-10), e-Banking Users (2009-10), Segments
- Page 16: Online Stock Operations - Overview, Users and Utilization Rate (2009-10); Online Paid Subscriptions - Overview and Business Model
- Demand and Supply Perspective
- Page 17: Benefits of E-commerce
- Page 18: Supply and Demand Side Comparison
- Drivers & Challenges
- Page 19: Summary
- Page 20-29: Drivers
- Page 30-34: Challenges
- Government Initiatives
- Page 35: Government Policies and Regulations (2010)
- Page 36: 12th Five-Year Plan of China (2011-2015)
- Page 37: Summary
- Page 38- 44: Key Trends
- Page 45: Domestic Competition Summary - Ranking Chart based on revenue and profit
- Page 46: Domestic Competition Summary - Bubble Chart based on revenue, net income and market capitalization
- Page 47: Segmentation Matrix
- Page 48-55: Profile of Major Domestic Players in the Market
- Page 56-61: Profile of Other Major Domestic Players in the Market
- Page 62-66: Profile of Major Foreign Players in the Market
- Page 67-73: Online Traffic Specifications - Global Traffic Rank, Traffic Rank in China, Daily Pageviews, Daily Visitors, Time Spend on Website
- Key Takeaway
- Page 74: Key Takeaways