- PDF: Delivered by email usually within 12 to 48 UK business hours.
- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 3 to 5 working days.
Bicycles: China Sourcing Report
Benefit from a rapid increase in bicycle output in mainland China
- Product Code:GOS00036
- Publication Date:June 2010
- Publisher:Global Sources
- Product Type: Report
Bicycles: China Sourcing Report Benefit from a rapid increase in bicycle output in mainland China
China's bicycle industry is positive of strong sales in coming months, with many suppliers anticipating at least 10 percent growth. These optimistic projections stem mainly from the recovery of key economies and the promotion of cycling as an environment-friendly mode of transportation in several markets.
Exports are already off to a good start. In the first four months of 2010, total shipments of bicycles and motorized cycles rose 18 percent year on year to 17.5 million units, while revenue went up 8 percent to $929.5 million. The parts and accessories sector generated over $689 million, posting an increase of 28 percent.
The Asia-Pacific region and North America were the main destinations of nonmotorized bikes, absorbing $636.3 million worth of products or nearly 80 percent of the aggregate. For electric types and other motorized cycles, the EU was the primary market, with imports exceeding $73 million or 60 percent of China's total.
To maintain or improve overall profitability, many companies are moving their sales mix toward higher-value models, focusing on electric models, and improving manufacturing and QC capability.
This report covers the major types of bicycles manufactured in China
- mountain, BMX, city and beach, racing, children's, electric and folding bicycles.
What you'll get:
- In-depth profiles of 19 major suppliers with a comprehensive look at their manufacturing and export capability, verified contact details, and more
- this information is not available anywhere else
- 59 full-color images that depict popular bicycle export models, complete with product descriptions, prices, minimum order requirements and delivery times
- Supplier information in tabular format to help you compare companies at a glance
- Results of the custom-designed supplier survey, which forecasts industry trends for the next 12 months
- An extensive overview of the industry discussing the main challenges facing suppliers
- An in-depth examination of the supplier base highlighting key characteristics of the different types of companies
- Details of the primary production centers
- An update of the latest trends in design, R&D, materials and components
- A review of the key factors that influence the price and quality of low-end, midrange and high-end products
- Comprehensive pricing tables featuring export price ranges
- Industry Overview
- Supplier Summary
- Export Statistics
- Main Production Centers
- Supplier Demographics
- Bicycle Parts & Accessories
- Supplier Survey
- Export Sales, Major Challenges, Target Markets,
- Capacity Expansion Plans, Product Trends, Efficiency, Capability
- Supplier Profiles
- Supplier Locations
- Industry Composition
- Exporter Ranking
- Supplier Matrix
- Production Checklist
- Supplier Profiles
- Product Gallery
- Top-Selling Export Products