- PDF: Immediate delivery
The European Biofuels Challenge
Developments in European Union Policy and Industry Drivers
- Product Code:RBY00011
- Publication Date:August 2008
- Publisher:Report Buyer
- Product Type: Report
The European Biofuels Challenge Developments in European Union Policy and Industry Drivers
This free report, exclusive to Report Buyer analyses and examines the challenges and drivers facing the European biofuels industry in the context of European Union Legislation.
Recently, biofuels have generated an array of reports and proposals from both EU governments and NGOs, especially with regard to the benefits versus damages that large-scale production would cause.Taking into account recent developments in the European Union (EU) policy, the report examines whether the EU is now backpedalling on it earlier legislative goals and commitment to an increased use of biofuels.
This report outlines why biofuels have become a global household word. It summarises the raging debate on their use between policymakers, non-governmental groups (NGOs), producers, public and the media.The publication outlines the primary factors galvanising the growth of the European biofuel market; rising oil prices and geopolitical undercurrents surrounding global oil production and distribution strategies, climate change and government subsidies such as Europe's Renewable Energy Sources (RES) Directive.
This free, instantly downloadable report contains information on:
- First and second-generation biofuels
- Descriptions of the different types of biofuels currently in use
- Political and environmental reasons for the importance of biofuels
- Drivers and obstacles to the biofuels market
- Trends in the European market such as production heading to Eastern Europe
- The media backlash and furore over the food vs. fuel debate
- Sustainability criteria for biofuels
- Emerging new technologies
- Evidence of industry entrepreneurship
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Bioenergy
- Source: Directorate General for Energy and Transport, Bioenergy Europe 2008
- What are biofuels?
- Advantages of using biofuels
- What are biofuels made from?
- 3. European Union Legislation
- Background to the EU policy on biofuels
- Biofuels target could be affected by European Parliament election
- Biofuel production is heading to Eastern Europe
- 4. The backlash against biofuels
- Food vs. fuel debate
- Destruction of biodiversity
- Certification and environmental issues
- Some recent scientific breakthroughs and alternatives to bioethanol
- Some key factors influencing the biofuels market in Europe
- Summary of reasons to invest in biofuels
- Germany puts brakes on biofuel roadmap for cars
- The US 'Splash and Dash' trade scheme
- Some examples of major industry entrepreneurship worldwide