- PDF: Delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours of placing the order (Mon-Fri
Investment Opportunities for Independent Power Producers in West Africa-Update
Gap between Supply and Demand Drives this Market
- Product Code:FRS02923
- Publication Date:August 2012
- Publisher:Frost & Sullivan
- Product Type: Report
Investment Opportunities for Independent Power Producers in West Africa-Update Gap between Supply and Demand Drives this Market
West Africa is an energy-rich region with abundant oil, gas, and hydro resources. The lack of energy infrastructure, gas supply issues, and non-cost-reflective tariffs restrict reliable electricity supply which is very important for the growing economies. Complications in the West African gas pipeline (WAGP) and rampant gas flaring has led to great gas supply issues. Most countries have started power sector reforms but are still in the developing stages. This study investigates the five main criteria to get a full overview of investment opportunities in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal. These criteria are: legal and regulatory environment, deregulation, power purchase agreement, tariff structure, and fuel market overview.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How will the structure of the power sector in the various countries change with time?
- What regulations and legislation relating to power sector reform are present in the countries?
- What disparities exist between the legislation and what is actually happening in the power sector?
- What are the greatest challenges?
- Are the countries ready for investments?
- Executive Summary
- CEO's Perspective
- Market Overview
- Power Sector Introduction
- Power Sector Reform Structure
- Future Outlook
- Country Overviews
- Ivory Coast
- The Last Word