- PDF: Delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours of placing the order (Mon-Fri)
- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 2 to 4 working days.
US Proton Therapy Market Analysis to 2017
- Product Code:RCS00900
- Publication Date:December 2012
- Product Type: Report
US Proton Therapy Market Analysis to 2017
According to most Oncologists, about 60% of all cancer patients undergo some sort of radiation therapy during their course of treatment. Despite advances in technology for radiation therapy, a majority of these patients suffer from side effects of traditional radiation treatment. Currently prevalent radio therapy methods like X-Ray/IMRT etc. also cost pretty high in the long run.
In this context, Proton Therapy, the latest innovation in the field of radio-oncology, answers all the problems related to radiation therapy. The technology is expected to eventually replace the traditional methods of radiotherapy in the future and thus, holds immense market potential for players in the industry.
The report, 'US Proton Therapy Market Analysis to 2017', presented in 30 slides, provides an extensive research and in-depth analysis of the current status and future outlook of the US proton therapy market. A thorough analysis has been carried on the various parameters concerned with the existing and upcoming proton therapy centers in the US. The report offers state-wise potential for the industry players and provides conservative market estimates till 2017.
As per our research, Procure is the leading service provider and accounts for the major chunk of proton therapy market in the US. From an equipment provider's perspective, IBA has the maximum proton accelerators installed in the facilities. The report further delves into the anticipated transformation into competitive landscape due to increase in number of players leading to highly competitive market. It also comes up with upcoming trends, such as kind of treatment room model, types of proton accelerators being installed, etc.
With core statistical information on proton therapy market, the research also provides a glimpse on the fundamental requirements for setting up a proton therapy center. It describes in detail about the different components and their role in proton therapy. The research also portrays the amount of investment required for establishing a proton therapy center based on different treatment room models.
The report, which is a result of comprehensive analysis of the market by RNCOS experts, clearly describes various aspects related to setting up a proton therapy center and also states the appropriate location for the same. Further, all important aspects of market like the current market size, forecasts, readymade account of all the players that are expected to enter the market along with various drivers, challenges, and trends are provided, making it a must read for Consultants and Companies in/planning to get in the market.
- 1. What is Proton Therapy?
- 2. Why is Proton Therapy Better than X-ray/IMRT?
- 3. Which Cancers Can be Treated?
- 4. How to Set-up a Proton Therapy Center?
- 4.1 What are the Different Components?
- 5. Proton Therapy Centers: US Market Scenario
- 5.1 Service and Equipment Providers: Existing Players
- 5.2 Service and Equipment Providers: Outlook 2017
- 6. Market Dynamics
- 6.1 Drivers and Challenges
- 6.2 Current and Expected Market Growth
- 6.3 Investment Required
- 6.4 Potential Customer Base by State Outlook 2017
- 7. US Proton Therapy Centers Future Direction
- 8. Market Opportunity Assessment
- List of Figures:
- Figure-1: Existing States with Proton Therapy Centers
- Figure-2: Upcoming States with Proton Therapy Centers by 2017
- Figure-3: Share of Vendors by Number of Proton Accelerators Installed in US Proton Therapy Centers, 2012
- Figure-4: Share of Vendors by Number of Proton Accelerators Installed in US Proton Therapy Centers, 2017
- Figure-5: Proton Therapy Market (Million US$), 2012-2017
- Figure-6: Proton Therapy Market Penetration (%), 2012
- Figure-7: Breakup of Investment Required to Set-up Proton Therapy Center (%)
- Figure-8: Proton Therapy Centers by Number of Treatment Rooms (2012 & 2017)
- Figure-9: Proton Therapy Centers by Number and Type of Accelerator (2012 & 2017)
- List of Tables:
- Table-1: Existing Proton Therapy Centers with Type of Installed Proton Accelerator
- Table-2: Existing Equipment Providers with Number of Installations
- Table-3: Upcoming Proton Therapy Centers with Type of Installed Proton Accelerator by 2017
- Table-4: Upcoming Equipment Providers with Number of Installations by 2017
- Table-5: State-wide Number of Potential Patients for Proton Therapy by 2017
- Table-6: Top 10 States with Maximum Market Opportunity