- PDF: Immediate delivery
China Pharmaceuticals & Health Care Industry
- Publication Date:November 2012
- Publisher:Emerging Markets Direct
- Product Type: Report
China Pharmaceuticals & Health Care Industry 2H12
China: Pharmaceuticals & Health Care covers the sector overview, market size and value, social secuity and health insurance, health care infrastructure, overview of the pharmaceutical industry, regulations and policies. It also covers the market trends and outlook, social health care insurance system, traditional Chinese medicine, over-the-counter and vaccines, plus the profile, comparative matrix and SWOT analysis of the industry leading players: Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding Co. Ltd., China National Accord Medicines Corp. Ltd., Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd.,Yunnan Baiyao Group Co. Ltd. and Huadong Medicine Co. Ltd.
In China, government spending on health care grew at a CAGR of 18.80% between 2004 and 2011. Nevertheless, public health care expenditure of total GDP in China still trails many advanced economies like the United States, Canada and Germany.
Health care spending per capita in urban and rural China reached RMB 534 and RMB 261 respectively during the first six months in 2012. Social security medical fund and private health insurance premiums have risen rapidly over the last decade. The number of retirees insured under the medical fund in urban areas reached 62.8 million by the end of 2011.
Revenues from the Chinese pharmaceutical industry grew from RMB 520.2bn in 2006 to RMB 1.53tn in 2011, representing a CAGR of 24.02%. Chemical drugs preparation, Chinese prepared medicine and chemical medicine were the three largest product categories in the pharmaceutical industry in the first half in 2012. Total sales of Chinese prepared and herb medicines topped nearly RMB 220bn during the same period.
- 1. Industry Profile
- 1.1 Market Size and Value
- 1.2 Social Security and Health Insurance
- 1.3 Health Care Infrastructure
- 1.4 Pharmaceutical Industry Overview
- 1.5 Regulations and Policies
- 2. Market trends and outlook
- 2.1 Social Health Care Insurance System
- 2.2 Traditional Chinese Medicine
- 2.3 Over-The-Counter (OTC)
- 2.4 Vaccines
- 3. Leading Players and Comparative Matrix
- 3.1 Leading Players
- 3.1.1. Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding Co. Ltd.
- 3.1.2. China National Accord Medicines Corp. Ltd.
- 3.1.3. Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd.
- 3.1.4. Yunnan Baiyao Group Co. Ltd.
- 3.1.5. Huadong Medicine Co. Ltd.
- 3.2 Comparative Matrix
- 3.3 SWOT Analysis
- 3.1 Leading Players
- 4. Tables and charts
- Table 1: Number of Beds by Type of Hospital
- Table 2: New Drug Classifications in China
- Table 3: Top 10 Major Traditional Chinese Medicinal Materials 2011
- Table 4: Major Type II Vaccines 2011
- Table 5: Shanghai Pharma Financial Highlights
- Table 6: Sinopharm Accord Financial Highlights
- Table 7: Harbin Pharma Financial Highlights
- Table 8: Yunnan Baiyao Financial Highlights
- Table 9: Huadong Medicine Financial Highlights
- Table 10: Selected Peer Comparison of Key Financial Ratios
- Chart 1: Total Government Health Care Expenditure
- Chart 2: Total Health Care Expenditure of GDP 2011
- Chart 3: Health Care Expenditure per Capita in Urban and Rural China
- Chart 4: Total Government Expenditure on Public Health
- Chart 5: Social Security Medical Fund in Urban Areas
- Chart 6: Retirees in Urban Areas Insured under Social Security Medical Fund
- Chart 7: Health Insurance in China
- Chart 8: Number of Hospitals in China
- Chart 9: Hospitals by Type
- Chart 10: Total Asset of Chinese Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chart 11: Revenue and Net Profit Margin of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chart 12: Pharmaceutical Industry Revenue by Product Category 1H2012
- Chart 13: Pharmaceutical Market by Therapeutic Area 2011
- Chart 14: Accumulated Balance of Social Medical Insurance Programs
- Chart 15: Revenue of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Chart 16: Distribution Channel of OTC Pharmaceuticals 2011
- Chart 17: Shanghai Pharma Segment Revenue 2011
- Chart 18: Sinopharm Accord Segment Revenue 2011
- Chart 19: Harbin Pharma Segment Revenue 2011
- Chart 20: Yunnan Baiyao Segment Revenue 2011
- Chart 21: Huadong Medicine Segment Revenue 2011