- PDF: Delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours of placing the order (Mon-Fri
Asia-Pacific Infectious Disease IVD Market
Driven by Rising Demand for Faster Diagnosis Using Automated Technologies
- Product Code:FRS02931
- Publication Date:August 2012
- Publisher:Frost & Sullivan
- Product Type: Report
Asia-Pacific Infectious Disease IVD Market Driven by Rising Demand for Faster Diagnosis Using Automated Technologies
This Frost & Sullivan research service titled Vietnam Market for Cardiac Rhythm Management provides real-time, on-the-ground market intelligence on the dynamics of cardiac rhythm management (CRM)-implantable devices and market trends in Vietnam. It forecasts market volumes and revenues and analyses market and technology trends, industry challenges, market drivers and restraints and offers competitive analysis. In this research, Frost & Sullivans expert analysts thoroughly examine the following markets: pacemakers (single chamber and dual chamber), implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICD) (single chamber and dual chamber), cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) (pacemakers and defibrillators) and cardiac ablation.
This analysis is available through our Medical Devices Growth Partnership Services programme. With continuous access to intelligence and resources from all seven perspectives of the Complex Business Universe, the Growth Partnership Services programme ensures that you and your Growth Teamﾙ are able to maintain a 360 Degree Perspective of the market. This comprehensive, objective information allows your company to mitigate risk, identify new opportunities, and drive effective strategies for growth. For more information on this custom subscription service, please click here.
Recycled Devices from Developed Nations Prove a Hit in Vietnams CRM Market
With Sales of 777 Units in 2011, the Pacemakers Segment Puts a Fair Distance between itself and the Cardiac Ablations Segment, which Sold 480 Units
The morbidity and mortality pattern in Vietnam has shifted from communicable diseases to non-communicable diseases, among which, cardiovascular diseases are the most prevalent. Almost 7 million people in a population of 86.9 million are afflicted with cardiovascular disease, signifying moderate opportunities for the CRM market on a small base. The occurrence of cardiovascular diseases is on the rise due to higher salt intake, unhealthy eating habits and high cholesterol concentration. However, changes in healthcare services legislation, introduction of mandatory health insurance policies, affluent and dormant life style, smoking and the desire for quality treatment will boost the Vietnamese CRM market.
In 2011, pacemakers were the most popular device for CRM, among both hospitals and healthcare professionals, due to their low costs, familiarity and simplicity of implantation. 'Being a low-middle income country, recycled and refurbished pacemakers from developed countries such as the United States find considerable uptake in Vietnam,' says the analyst of this research. The government is also stepping up efforts to improve the quality of cardiac care in the country by setting up cardiac centres. In 2001, Vietnam had four cardiac centres to perform cardiology-related procedures; it increased to 21 in 2010, emphasizing the drive to develop the country as a medical hub for patients from Laos and Cambodia.
As the Vietnamese market is highly price sensitive, vendors have to make continuous efforts to differentiate their medical equipment, device and supplies through competitive pricing and benefits. Currently, distributors do not engage in any promotional activities due to the lack of funds. To infuse capital into the CRM market, the Vietnamese government is encouraging private hospitals and foreign participants to establish bases in the country. 'In the last two years, there have been mergers and acquisitions or tie ups between overseas and domestic hospitals,' notes the analyst. 'This is viewed as a move to curtail the movement of patients (around 300,000) for medical tourism outside the country and simultaneously provide quality healthcare services within the country.'
Expert Frost & Sullivan analysts thoroughly examine the following market sectors in this research:
- Pacemakers - single chamber and dual chamber
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICD) - single chamber and dual chamber
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) - pacemakers and defibrillators
- Cardiac ablation
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the key factors driving the market and barriers that need to be resolved?
- What is the current scenario of the Asia-Pacific infectious disease IVD market, and how far will it go?
- Which are the major market segments, and what are the important trends?
- Which are the key market participants involved, and where do they stand?
- What is the scenario of infectious diseases and health care system of different regions in Asia-Pacific, and how will it impact the infectious disease IVD market in the future?
- What is the future of the infectious disease IVD market in Asia-Pacific, and what should market participants do to succeed?
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Total Infectious Disease IVD Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Segment Analysis
- Immunochemistry Segment Breakdown
- Microbiology Segment Breakdown
- Molecular Diagnostics Segment Breakdown
- Regional Analysis
- Australia Breakdown
- South Korea Breakdown
- Malaysia Breakdown
- Thailand Breakdown
- The Philippines Breakdown
- Indonesia Breakdown
- Vietnam Breakdown
- Conclusions and Strategic Recommendations
- The Last Word