- PDF: Delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours of placing the order (Mon-Fri)
- PRINT/CD-ROM: Despatched within 2 to 4 working days.
Ambulatory Infusion Pumps in Pain Management
A Market Briefing
- Product Code:KAL00045
- Publication Date:August 2004
- Publisher:Kalorama Information
- Product Type: Report
Ambulatory Infusion Pumps in Pain Management A Market Briefing
Alternative routes of administration for insulin has been one of the leading drivers of drug delivery industry. Although transdermal and transmucosal systems have shown promise and true oral delivery remains a goal, pulmonary delivery has emerged as the leading area of development.
Several major players in the pharmaceutical industry have given their backing to inhaled insulin projects, and product launches are imminent. However, the exact make-up of the market, patient acceptance, and regulatory progress are still not completely clear.
This market briefing analyzes the world markets for inhaled insulin technologies and products. This report focuses on the current and future markets for inhaled, or pulmonary, insulin delivery. The report generally reviews the nature and direction of research, as well as future markets. This briefing also profiles several companies involved in marketing or developing such products in the field, including Aerogen, Aradigm, Novo Nordisk and Pfizer.
Market forecasts are based on an examination of current market conditions and on investigations into the development of new products by key companies. Interviews were conducted with company executives, clinicians, researchers and public health officials. This information is also weighted with the projected timing and the probability of receiving FDA and other regulatory approval to market products. The information presented in this report is the result of data gathered from company product literature and other corporate brochures and documents, as well as information found in the scientific and trade press. Data gathered in the course of other major market studies from Kalorama Information are also presented where appropriate.
- Chapter One: Executive Summary
- Current Insulin Delivery Methods
- Pulmonary Delivery
- Market Trends
- Summary of Findings
- Chapter Two: Introduction
- The Disease
- Nature of Diabetes
- Types of Diabetes
- An Epidemic
- Related Complications
- Geriatric Issues
- New Approaches to Diabetes
- Current Insulin Delivery Techniques
- Modified Insulin Delivery
- Skin Patches
- Oral Sprays
- Inhalation Systems
- Demand and Acceptance
- Chapter Three: The Market
- Overall Market for Insulin
- Market for Inhaler Systems
- Competitive Landscape
- Chapter Four: Key Players And Their Technologies
- Alkermes Inc.
- Aerogen Inc.
- Aradigm Corp.
- Aventis S.A.
- Epic Therapeutics Inc.
- Generex Biotechnology
- Nektar Therapeutics
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Pfizer Inc.
- List Of Exhibits
- Exhibit 1: Prevalence of Diagnosed Diabetes by Age, US, 1980-2002
- Exhibit 2: U.S. Prevalence of Type II Diabetes Cases by Age Group 45-54 years, 55-64 years, 65-74 years, and 75+ years 2003-2013
- Exhibit 3: Number of new cases of diagnosed diabetes in people aged 20 years or older, by age group—United States, 2002
- Exhibit 4: Total prevalence of diabetes in people aged 20 years or older, by age group—United States, 2002
- Exhibit 5: Total Available U.S. Market Potential for Modified Delivery Insulin 2001-2010
- Exhibit 6: Estimated Market for Insulin by Country (Top 7 World Markets) 2004-2008
- Exhibit 7: Estimated World Market for Inhaled Insulin by Region 2004-2008
- Exhibit 8: Status of Selected Inhaled Insulin Products in Development