- PDF: Immediate delivery
Western Europe Fixed-Mobile Convergence
Forecast, 2005 - 2010
- Publication Date:July 2006
- Product Type: Report
Western Europe Fixed-Mobile Convergence Forecast, 2005 - 2010
This study defines, sizes, and forecasts the Western European markets for FMC services and shows current activities and challenges by value chain players.
"The market for FMC services is still very immature in 2006," said Jill Finger Gibson, research director, European Fixed-Line Telecommunications. "The current activity is more focused on pre-convergence services in the form of simple bundled offerings as well as IP-based solutions which do not include seamless handover. FMC will gain more traction towards the end of the forecast period and there will be 15 million subscribers to FMC services by 2010."
- IDC Opinion
- In This Study
- Situation Overview
- Why FMC Now?
- Figure: Fixed Versus Mobile Minutes of Use in Western Europe, 2005 - 2010
- Figure: Fixed Versus Mobile Voice End-User Spending in Western Europe, 2005 - 2010
- FMC Developments in Europe
- Why Should End Users Subscribe to FMC Services?
- Consumer Users
- Enterprise Users
- Key Players in the FMC Market
- Service Providers
- FMC Technology Issues
- Standards and Certification Organizations
- The FMCA
- Equipment Vendors
- Future Outlook
- Forecast and Assumptions
- Table: Key Forecast Assumptions for Western European FMC Subscribers and Spending, 2005-2010
- Table: Western European FMC Subscribers and Spending, 2005-2010
- Essential Guidance
- Learn More
- Related Research
- Exchange Rates
- Table: 2005 Exchange Rates