- PDF: Delivered by email usually within 4 to 8 UK business hours.
Service Station Retailing in Switzerland
- Product Code:DAT18182
- Publication Date:February 2013
- Product Type: Report
Service Station Retailing in Switzerland 2012
Service Station Retailing in Switzerland outlines recent movements in the national petrol station network, fuel volume sales, network ownership, market shares, and site forecasts, also analyzing retailers' fuel, shop, car wash, and card propositions.
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Switzerland. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Switzerland.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
In the year to January 2012, the total number of service stations in Switzerland decreased by 0.86% to 3,594. The top five players by fuel volume share accounted for 45.4% of the Swiss service station network. BP has the largest volume share at 14.0%, but the third largest network.
In Switzerland, shops are present at 37.0% of the national service station network. During 2011, the number of sites with a shop increased by one site, while the proportion of service stations with a shop increased by 0.3 percentage points to 37.0%.
The share of sites with car wash facilities is relatively low in Switzerland, with car washes present at 16.1% of service stations nationally. Agrola has the highest number of sites featuring a car wash, at 116, accounting for 20.1% of all service stations with a car wash in Switzerland.
- Which are the top five players in the Swiss service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Switzerland?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
- Due to the nature of the report, Table of Content is unavailable