The Insurance Industry in Uganda, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020
- December 2016
- 125 pages
- Report ID: 1120579
Timetric’s 'The Insurance Industry in Uganda, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides a detailed analysis of the Ugandan insurance industry.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review (2011–2015) and forecast periods (2015–2020).
The report also gives a comprehensive overview of the Ugandan economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country. It also includes analysis of the impact of natural hazards on the insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Timetric’s 'The Insurance Industry in Uganda, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Ugandan insurance industry, including:
- An overview of the Ugandan insurance industry
- The Ugandan insurance industry's growth prospects by segment and category
- A comprehensive overview of the Ugandan economy and demographics
- Details of the competitive landscape in the Ugandan insurance industry
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Ugandan insurance industry
- Analysis of natural hazards in Uganda
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Uganda:
- It provides historical values for the Ugandan insurance industry for the report’s 2011–2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015–2020 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments in the Ugandan insurance industry, with market forecasts to 2020.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Uganda, and highlights recent developments.
- It covers the economy and demographic structure of Uganda.
- It analyzes the impact of natural hazards in the Ugandan insurance industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Ugandan insurance industry and each segment and category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Ugandan insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Ugandan insurance industry.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Ugandan insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- On July 10, 2016, the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA) proposed an increase in the indemnity limit for third-party motor insurance.
- The IRA issued new draft Insurance (Bancassurance) Regulations 2016, which will allow commercial banks to sell insurance products.
- On February 2016, the Financial Institutions Act was introduced an amended to allow Takaful insurance in the country
- The non-life segment accounted for 58.6% of the industry's gross written premium in 2015.