Functional Drinks in Europe
- January 2018 •
- 34 pages •
- Report ID: 132115
Functional Drinks in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe functional drinks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The functional drinks market consists of retail sale of sports drinks and energy drinks. The market is valued according to the retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Sports drinks are defined as drinks with performance-enhancing properties, described as ‘isotonic’, ‘hypertonic’ or ‘hypotonic’. Energy drinks are defined as those with energy-enhancing properties; mainly carbonated and containing stimulants such as caffeine, taurine, guarana, glucuronolactone, yerba mate, along with glucose syrup (corn syrup) and maltodextrin. All currency conversions have been made using constant annual average 2016 exchange rates.
- The European functional drinks market had total revenues of $15,716.4m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 4.6% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 2,824.4 million liters in 2016.
- During the review period, countries such as France and Spain experienced economic challenges.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the functional drinks market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the functional drinks market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key functional drinks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe functional drinks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe functional drinks market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Europe functional drinks market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe functional drinks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe’s functional drinks market?