Defense Spending: Global Industry Guide
- December 2014
- 297 pages
Global Defence Spending industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global defence spending market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global defence spending market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key defence spending market players’ global operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global defence spending market with five year forecasts
The global defense spending market had total budget allocation of $1,594.1bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% between 2009 and 2013.
Personnel numbers declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% between 2009 and 2013, to reach a total of 17.23 million personnel in 2013.
The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 3.1% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $1,858.6bn by the end of 2018.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global defence spending market by value in 2013?
* What will be the size of the global defence spending market in 2018?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global defence spending market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the global defence spending market?