Food Retail: North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- October 2015
- 92 pages
The NAFTA Food Retail industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the NAFTA food retail market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the NAFTA food retail market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ NAFTA operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the NAFTA food retail market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from the US, Canada and Mexico, alongside individual chapters on each country
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is a trade agreement between the countries in North America: the US, Canada and Mexico. The food retail industry within the NAFTA countries had a total market value of $1,279.8 billion in 2014.The Mexico was the fastest growing country, with a CAGR of 5% over the 2010-14 period.
Within the food retail industry, the US is the leading country among the NAFTA bloc, with market revenues of $1,007.3 billion in 2014. This was followed by Mexico and Canada, with a value of $176.9 and $95.7 billion, respectively.
The US is expected to lead the food retail industry in the NAFTA bloc, with a value of $1,173.9 billion in 2019, followed by Mexico and Canada with expected values of $249.0 and $106.7 billion, respectively.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the NAFTA food retail market by value in 2014?
* What will be the size of the NAFTA food retail market in 2019?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the NAFTA food retail market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* Who are the top competitors in the NAFTA food retail market?