Food Retail: Scandinavia Industry Guide
- July 2014
- 72 pages
The Scandinavian Food retail industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the Scandinavian food retail.
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the Scandinavian food retail market.
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ Scandinavian operations and financial performance.
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Scandinavian food retail market with five year forecasts.
* Compares data from Denmark, Norway and Sweden, alongside individual chapters on each country.
The Scandinavian food retail market had a total market value of $90.0 billion in 2013. Norway was the fastest growing country with a CAGR of 2.7% over the 2009-13 period.
Within the food retail industry, Sweden is the leading country among the Scandinavian countries, with market revenues of $41.1 billion in 2013. This was followed by Norway and Denmark, with $27.8 and $21.1 billion, respectively.
Sweden is expected to lead the food retail in the Scandinavian countries, with a value of $43.0 billion in 2018, followed by Norway and Denmark with expected values of $28.5 and $20.8 billion respectively.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the Scandinavian food retail market by value in 2013?
* What will be the size of the Scandinavian food retail market in 2018?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Scandinavian food retail market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the Scandinavian food retail market?