Wireless Telecommunication Services in Japan
- July 2017 •
- 39 pages •
- Report ID: 147176
Wireless Telecommunication Services in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan wireless telecommunication services market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The wireless telecommunications services market is defined here as including cellular (mobile) phones, pagers, and any other wireless or cellular telecommunication service. Revenues are based on payments to operators of all of these services for subscriptions and usage. Market volumes represent total numbers of subscribers. Market shares in this report are in terms of subscriber volumes. All currency conversions were carried out at constant 2016 average annual exchange rates.
- The Japanese wireless telecommunication services market had total revenues of $72.2bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 4.4% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 164.3 million subscribers in 2016.
- Tariff drops amid a saturated market particularly in the voice services segment, have driven down the value of the market in recent years with revenues of providers declining until 2016. Still, as the Japanese market has some of the highest tariffs in the world, the government led changes in the pricing and competition policies of operators in 2015, in order to reduce the cost of these services for households.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the wireless telecommunication services market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the wireless telecommunication services market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key wireless telecommunication services market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan wireless telecommunication services market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan wireless telecommunication services market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan wireless telecommunication services market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan wireless telecommunication services market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan’s wireless telecommunication services market?