- March 2017
- 35 pages
Global Newspapers industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global newspapers market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The newspaper market is valued as the sum total of all revenues gained from the selling of newspapers including those gained through circulation, subscription (including online subscription), and advertising revenue.
- The global newspapers market had total revenues of $95.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.7% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 550.8 million copies in 2016.
- The shrinkage of the global market value stems from a fall in advertising revenue that prevails in most developed markets which are reliant on them. According to PwC, after 2016, the revenue from newspaper sales will surpass those from advertising in the global market. What is more, the fall of advertising revenue for newspapers is a result of the competition induced by online news aggregators such as Google, Yahoo and Facebook which have increased their share.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the newspapers market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalnewspapers market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key newspapers market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global newspapers market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global newspapers market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Global newspapers market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global newspapers market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is the global’s newspapers market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Axel Springer SE
Xinhua News Agency
The Yomiuri Shimbun Holdings
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Global newspapers market value: $ million, 2012–16
Table 2: Global newspapers market volume: thousand copies, 2012–16
Table 3: Global newspapers market geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 4: Global newspapers market value forecast: $ million, 2016–21
Table 5: Global newspapers market volume forecast: thousand copies, 2016–21
Table 6: Axel Springer SE: key facts
Table 7: Axel Springer SE: key financials ($)
Table 8: Axel Springer SE: key financials (€)
Table 9: Axel Springer SE: key financial ratios
Table 10: News Corporation: key facts
Table 11: News Corporation: key financials ($)
Table 12: News Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 13: Xinhua News Agency: key facts
Table 14: The Yomiuri Shimbun Holdings: key facts
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global newspapers market value: $ million, 2012–16
Figure 2: Global newspapers market volume: thousand copies, 2012–16
Figure 3: Global newspapers market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Global newspapers market value forecast: $ million, 2016–21
Figure 5: Global newspapers market volume forecast: thousand copies, 2016–21
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the global newspapers market, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the global newspapers market, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the global newspapers market, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global newspapers market, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global newspapers market, 2016
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global newspapers market, 2016
Figure 12: Axel Springer SE: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Axel Springer SE: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: News Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: News Corporation: assets & liabilities