Books: Global Industry Guide
- April 2014
- 242 pages
Global Books industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global books market.
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global books market.
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance.
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global books market with five year forecasts.
* Compares data from 14 major economies alongside individual country chapters.
The global books market had total revenues of $119bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% between 2009 and 2013.
The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2013, with total revenues of $110.4bn, equivalent to 93.0% of the market's overall value.
The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 2.7% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $136.0bn by the end of 2018.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global books market by value in 2013?
* What will be the size of the global books market in 2018?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global books market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the global books market?