Utilities in North America
- December 2017 •
- 37 pages •
- Report ID: 168832
Utilities in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
The North American utilities industry had total revenues of $829.0bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% between 2012 and 2016.
The electricity segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $494.7bn, equivalent to 59.7% of the industry’s overall value.
The National Energy Board now projects fossil fuel use in Canada will peak in 2019, a major downward revision of similar estimates it has made annually for the past decade. With the government attempting to encourage use of technology such as electric cars, electricity will continue to occupy the vast majority of the industry for many years to come.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America utilities market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the North America utilities market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the North America utilities market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up North America’s utilities market?