Non-Life Insurance in Germany
- December 2016
- 40 pages
Non-Life Insurance in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the non-life insurance market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the non-life insurance market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key non-life insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany non-life insurance market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany non-life insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Germany non-life insurance market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Germany non-life insurance market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany non-life insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in Germany's non-life insurance market?
The non-life insurance market consists of the general insurance market segmented into motor, property, liability and other insurance. The other segment is made up of non-life insurance products including health, travel, and accident cover among others. The value of the non-life insurance market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes. Gross premium income is defined as the insurer's premium income for the year from its policies, calculated without reduction for reinsurance premiums paid or payable by the insurer. Any currency conversions used in the report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The German non-life insurance market had total gross written premiums of $116.2bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% between 2011 and 2015.
The motor segment was the market's most lucrative in 2015, with total gross written premiums of $45.5bn, equivalent to 39.2% of the market's overall value.
Uncertainty in the market is due to factors outside the control of the insurance companies or the policy holders, most notably freak weather conditions such as heavy rains that cause flooding.