Summary Gas Utilities in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and autogeneration), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding autogeneration and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). Values are calculated from segment volumes and the average annual price of gas charged to end-users in each segment net of any applicable taxes.
- The UK gas utilities industry had total revenues of $404,556.2m in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.4% between 2015 and 2019.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 2,808.7 billion cubic feet in 2019.
- Due to increasing anti-fracking pressure on the UK government and the push for greater use of renewable energy sources, there has been a downward trend in exploration and appraisal activity in the gas industry.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the gas utilities market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the gas utilities market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key gas utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom gas utilities market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom gas utilities market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom gas utilities market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom gas utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom’s gas utilities market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Utilities Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2016-2025 Summary The G8 Utilities industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
The global cryogenic valves market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 4%, over the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market studied is increasing demand for industrial gases. - Safety concerns regarding operation of liquefied gases are likely to hinder the markets growth. -...
Utilities North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide 2016-2025 Summary The NAFTA Utilities industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including...
Global Offshore Oil and Gas Upstream Development Outlook, 2020-2024
Globally, during the outlook period 2020-2024, a total of 316 key crude and natural gas offshore projects are expected to start operations in 46 countries.Among these, 131 represent the number of planned offshore projects...
H1 2019 Production and Capital Expenditure Outlook for Key Planned Upstream Projects in the North Sea - UK Leads Natural Gas Production Outlook Summary A total of 69 planned and announced crude oil and natural gas projects are expected to start operations in the North Sea, during the period 2019-2025.In...
Summary Repsol SA (Repsol) is an integrated oil and gas company.It has presence across the entire value chain: exploration and production, transformation, development and marketing of energy. The company’s upstream business carries out oil and natural gas exploration and production.Its downstream business supplies...
Summary Exxon Mobil Corp (ExxonMobil) is an integrated oil and gas company that explores for and produces crude oil and natural gas; manufactures petroleum products; transports and sells crude oil and petroleum products; and markets natural gas and natural gas liquids.It is a major manufacturer and marketer of commodity...
Nigeria Sonam Project Panorama - Oil and Gas Upstream Analysis Report Summary Nigeria Sonam Project Panorama, GlobalData’s latest release, presents a comprehensive overview of the asset. This upstream report includes detailed qualitative and quantitative information on the asset, provides a full economic assessment and...
Outlook for 2018-22 Although the next election is not due until August 2018, The Economist Intelligence Unit believes that it will be held early, in the fourth quarter of this year, as the prime minister, Najib Razak, attempts to cement his position. Given the fragmented political opposition, which...
Israel Tamar Project Panorama - Oil and Gas Upstream Analysis Report Summary Israel Tamar Project Panorama, GlobalData’s latest release, presents a comprehensive overview of the asset. This upstream report includes detailed qualitative and quantitative information on the asset, provides a full economic assessment and reflects...
Natural Gas Production
Natural Gas Sales
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.