Insurance in Europe
- January 2017
- 41 pages
- Report ID: 171456
Insurance in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe insurance market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Europe insurance market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Europe insurance market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's insurance market?
The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
The European insurance market had total gross written premiums of $1,444.6bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% between 2011 and 2015.
The life Insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2015, with total gross written premiums of $850.0bn, equivalent to 58.8% of the market's overall value.
Germany is the largest non-life insurance market in this region, accounting for almost 20% of the gross written premiums. The UK accounts for around 18% and France about 14%. These three countries account for almost 52% of the market in this region and their performance is key to that of the region as a whole.