Insurance in Europe
- October 2017 •
- 39 pages •
- Report ID: 171456
Insurance in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
The European insurance market had total gross written premiums of $1,431.0bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% between 2012 and 2016.
The life insurance segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2016, with total gross written premiums of $826.3bn, equivalent to 57.7% of the market’s overall value.
The unfavorable conditions dictated by the low interest rate environment in Europe are expected to be reproduced over the coming years, with demand growing weakly in the life insurance segment only through the sales of unit-linked products that offer potentially higher returns.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe insurance market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Europe insurance market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe’s insurance market?