Food Retail: Global Industry Guide, MarketLine
- July 2014
- 293 pages
- Report ID: 171903
Global Food retail industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global food retail market.
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global food retail market.
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ global operations and financial performance.
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global food retail market with five year forecasts.
* Compares data from 14 countries in Europe, Americas, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions, alongside individual chapters on each country.
The global food retail industry had total revenues of $5,564.3bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between 2009 and 2013.
Supermarkets / Hypermarkets account for the largest proportion of sales in the global food retail industry in 2013, sales through this channel generated $2,998.7bn, equivalent to 53.9% of the industry's overall value.
The performance of the industry is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 5.3% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $7,215.1bn by the end of 2018.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global food retail market by value in 2013?
* What will be the size of the global food retail market in 2018?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global food retail market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the global food retail market?