Water Utilities in the United States
- July 2017 •
- 37 pages •
- Report ID: 177271
Water Utilities in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States water utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The water utilities industry consists of all water that is collected, treated and distributed to agricultural, industrial, and residential end-users.
- The US water utilities industry generated total revenues of $232.8bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industrial sales have the highest volume in the US water utilities industry in 2016, with total sales of 228.6 billion cubic meters, equivalent to 46.1% of the industry’s overall volume.
- Many countries are now having to rebuild or repair aging infrastructure to ensure clean water and reduce wastage and such projects are not cheap. This is helping to drive up prices, which are causing the value of the industry to grow more quickly than the volume. The US fits this description, as much of its piping network dates back to the 1970s and is now cracked or brittle and in need of renewal.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the water utilities market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the water utilities market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key water utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States water utilities market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States water utilities market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United States water utilities market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States water utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States’s water utilities market?