Airlines in Russia
- May 2017
- 37 pages
Airlines in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Russia airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2016 average annual exchange rates.
- The Russian airlines industry had total revenues of $9,120.4m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 10% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 74.1 million passengers in 2016.
- The growth of the Russian industry was mainly driven by the international flight segment which was growing significantly until 2014. As a matter of fact, Its decline since 2015 brought about growth deceleration in the industry, especially in 2016, even though the domestic flights segment continued to grow apace.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Russia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Russia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Russia airlines market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Russia airlines market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Russia's airlines market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Joint Stock Company Aeroflot-Russian Airlines
OJSC Siberia Airlines
Ural Airlines JSC
UTair Aviation JSC
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Russia airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: Russia airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Table 3: Russia airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2016
Table 4: Russia airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 5: Russia airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 6: Russia airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Table 7: Joint Stock Company Aeroflot-Russian Airlines: key facts
Table 8: OJSC Siberia Airlines: key facts
Table 9: Ural Airlines JSC: key facts
Table 10: UTair Aviation JSC: key facts
Table 11: UTair Aviation JSC: key financials ($)
Table 12: UTair Aviation JSC: key financials (RUB)
Table 13: UTair Aviation JSC: key financial ratios
Table 14: Russia size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 15: Russia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 16: Russia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 17: Russia inflation, 2012-16
Table 18: Russia consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 19: Russia exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Russia airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: Russia airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Figure 3: Russia airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2016
Figure 4: Russia airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: Russia airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 6: Russia airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Russia, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Russia, 2016
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Russia, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Russia, 2016
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Russia, 2016
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Russia, 2016
Figure 13: UTair Aviation JSC: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: UTair Aviation JSC: assets & liabilities