Airlines in Mexico
- May 2017
- 33 pages
Airlines in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Mexico airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2016 average annual exchange rates.
- The Mexican airlines industry had total revenues of $7,120.7m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 8.8% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 73.3 million passengers in 2016.
- The devaluation of the Mexican Peso after 2014 has boosted demand for international flights to Mexico as holiday packages became less expensive.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Mexico
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Mexico
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Mexico airlines market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Mexico airlines market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Mexico's airlines market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
ABC Aerolineas, S.A. de C.V.
Aeroenlaces Nacionales S.A. de C.V.
Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V.
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: Mexico airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Table 3: Mexico airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2016
Table 4: Mexico airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 5: Mexico airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 6: Mexico airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Table 7: ABC Aerolineas, S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 8: Aeroenlaces Nacionales S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 9: Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.: key facts
Table 10: Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V.: key facts
Table 11: Mexico size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 12: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 13: Mexico gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 14: Mexico inflation, 2012-16
Table 15: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 16: Mexico exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mexico airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: Mexico airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Figure 3: Mexico airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2016
Figure 4: Mexico airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: Mexico airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 6: Mexico airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2016
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2016
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2016
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Mexico, 2016