Airlines in India
- May 2017
- 39 pages
Airlines in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2016 average annual exchange rates.
- The Indian airlines industry had total revenues of $9,734.3m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.7% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 6.4% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 94.9 million passengers in 2016.
- Forecasts on the boom of the Indian industry in future are based on the relaxing of regulation that was announced by the Indian government in 2016, which is expected to boost the growth of domestic carriers abroad, while it will also attract new foreign entrants.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India airlines market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the India airlines market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's airlines market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Air India Ltd.
Jet Airways (India) Ltd.
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: India airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: India airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Table 3: India airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2016
Table 4: India airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 5: India airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 6: India airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Table 7: Air India Ltd.: key facts
Table 8: IndiGo: key facts
Table 9: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key facts
Table 10: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key financials ($)
Table 11: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key financials (Rs.)
Table 12: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 13: SpiceJet Limited: key facts
Table 14: SpiceJet Limited: key financials ($)
Table 15: SpiceJet Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 16: SpiceJet Limited: key financial ratios
Table 17: India size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 18: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 19: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 20: India inflation, 2012-16
Table 21: India consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 22: India exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: India airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: India airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Figure 3: India airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2016
Figure 4: India airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: India airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 6: India airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in India, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in India, 2016
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in India, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in India, 2016
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in India, 2016
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in India, 2016
Figure 13: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: SpiceJet Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: SpiceJet Limited: assets & liabilities