New Cars in the United Kingdom
- September 2017
- 44 pages
- Report ID: 184837
New Cars in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The UK new cars market had total revenues of $74,474.6m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 7.1% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 2,692.8 thousand units in 2016.
- Sales of new cars have grown strongly in the UK market in recent years, amid boosted consumer confidence and rising disposable income particularly in the 2013-15 period. Consumer confidence was hit somewhat in mid-2016 by the uncertainty caused by Brexit, reducing demand in the short term, but that impact faded in the last quarter of the year, as sales increased again in that period. Attractive financing terms have contributed to this, with fleet sales driving growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the United Kingdom’s new cars market?