New Cars in Japan
- September 2017
- 43 pages
- Report ID: 184839
New Cars in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Japanese new cars market had total revenues of $105,075.4m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -2.4% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 4,146.5 thousand units in 2016.
- The shrinkage of the Japanese market in recent years is attributable to the overall stagnation of the economy since 2014. The decline of registration volumes was limited in 2016, since consumer confidence improved by the amelioration of macroeconomic figures in the previous year. Moreover, the market value recovered in 2016, due to a distortive tax hike on the sales of small cars, domestically known as “kei cars”. Accordingly, demand for this low-cost type of car has declined since 2015, while the average price of cars sold increased, inflating the market value.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Japan’s new cars market?