New Cars in Italy
- September 2017 •
- 42 pages •
- Report ID: 184845
New Cars in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Italian new cars market had total revenues of $44,686.8m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 6.8% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 1,825.0 thousand units in 2016.
- The growth peak of the Italian market in the last two years was driven by regulatory changes regarding corporate buyers and increased competition between players, which boosted private sales. In detail, reduced amortization rates, along with subsidized lending introduced in late 2015 to the end of 2016, stimulated rental car sales and business car sales, which rose by 17% and 28% in 2016, respectively. The slightly improved confidence of Italian consumers combined with aggressive pricing strategies of manufacturers, also contributed to the growth of private sales by 13% in 2016.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Italy new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Italy’s new cars market?