Pharmaceuticals in Russia
- June 2017
- 38 pages
Pharmaceuticals in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Russia pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Russian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $16.7bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Compulsory licensing, if implemented, could deter development because patents taken outside of Russia would have reduced value as the government could harm the revenues of foreign companies. In 2016, however, reports surfaced that enthusiasm had dropped within the Kremlin for the policy.
- The Russian market is largely controlled by the commercial segment, rather than government purchasing. In contrast, the majority of EU countries compensate 65-80 percent of patients’ expenses incurred on purchasing most prescribed medicines.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Russia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Russia pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Russia pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Russia’s pharmaceuticals market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Les Laboratoires Servier
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Russia pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Table 2: Russia pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 3: Russia pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016
Table 4: Russia pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Table 5: Bayer AG: key facts
Table 6: Bayer AG: key financials ($)
Table 7: Bayer AG: key financials (€)
Table 8: Bayer AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 10: Novartis AG: key financials ($)
Table 11: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 12: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 13: Sanofi SA: key financials ($)
Table 14: Sanofi SA: key financials (€)
Table 15: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 16: Les Laboratoires Servier: key facts
Table 17: Russia size of population (million), 2012–16
Table 18: Russia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 19: Russia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 20: Russia inflation, 2012–16
Table 21: Russia consumer price index (absolute), 2012–16
Table 22: Russia exchange rate, 2012–16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Russia pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Figure 2: Russia pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 3: Russia pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Russia pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia, 2016
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia, 2016
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Russia, 2016
Figure 11: Bayer AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Bayer AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities