Trucks in the United Kingdom
- July 2017
- 39 pages
Trucks in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom trucks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The trucks market includes sales/registration of light trucks, and medium and heavy trucks.
- The UK trucks market had total revenues of $10.2bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% between 2012 and 2016.
- As a major producer of trucks for export purposes, sluggish demand from abroad has played a role in the declining growth rates of the UK trucks market in recent years. In fact in 2016 the manufacturing of vans, buses and trucks for export purposes went down 33.2% compared to the preceding year as per the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
- As per MarketLine data, the UK residential and non-residential construction sectors have been witnessing a declining trend in recent year which helps in explaining the declining trend in the UK trucks market as well. Trucks are one of the primary modes of transport used to transport construction materials to construction sites, and inactivity in the residential and non-residential construction sectors therefore has a significant impact on the trucks market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the trucks market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the trucks market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key trucks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom trucks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom trucks market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom trucks market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom trucks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom’s trucks market?