Pharmaceuticals in Canada
- June 2017
- 35 pages
- Report ID: 188787
Pharmaceuticals in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The Canadian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $19.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% between 2012 and 2016.
- Growth in drug spending in Canada has slowed in recent years and is being outpaced by spending on hospitals and physicians. This is in some ways similar to other trends seen around the world as many countries are trying to cut down on the spending on actual drugs but usually also healthcare spending in general.
- Whilst the Canadian healthcare system is among the most advanced in the world, professionals inside are making increasingly loud noises about the need for alternative treatments to supplement traditional drugs.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Canada pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Canada’s pharmaceuticals market?