Summary Clothing and footwear are two major product sectors in Germany accounting for 11.5% of the total retail sales in 2014. Growth in the sectors will be affected by the changing demographic profile of the country. The aging population and their lifestyle trends, including the need to lead healthier lifestyles is set to drive the modest growth over the next few years. Increasing demand for footwear with better quality and advanced level of sophistication is driving sales in the segment. New innovations, especially in the sportswear segment, are expected to drive future sales in the footwear market in Germany.
Key Findings - Improving living standards and a demand for high quality textiles is providing new growth dimensions to retailers
- Clothing, footwear, accessories, and luxury goods specialists command the major share, accounting for 55.2% of total sales in the clothing sector followed by department stores.
- Footwear sales are expected to growing at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2014-2019
- A wider choice of products, convenience, and the increasing penetration of smartphones is driving the sales of clothing and footwear through the online channel.
Synopsis “Clothing and Footwear Retailing in Germany- Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting clothing and footwear retail dynamics for men's clothing, women's clothing, children's clothing, men's footwear, women's footwear, and children's footwear from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of clothing and footwear products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs and duty free retailers
- An overview of key clothing and footwear retailers operating across Germany and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the German retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men's footwear, women's footwear and children's footwear in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Wine and Sparkling Wines in Germany by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers red, rose and white wines, sparkling wines and Champagne. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales. Market...
Yoghurt in Germany by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers all drinking/cultured and spoonable yoghurts and yoghurt type drinks. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Yoghurt in Germany is given in EUR...
Pasta in Germany by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all pasta consumption including fresh, dry, frozen, canned and other. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Pasta in Germany is...
Snack Food in Germany by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers packaged snacks comprising crisps, snack nuts and other snacks. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Snack...
Table Sauces in Germany by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers bottled/packaged ambient; tomato ketchup, salad dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, brown, soy and other table sauces. Market value and volume comprises sales through all retail...
Cheese in Germany by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on retail...