This IDC study is designed for the IT and business leaders, functional leaders, and their teams who are responsible for the creation and delivery of business capabilities. This study presents the results of IDC's 2014 Program Management Office MaturityScape Benchmark Survey and should be viewed as a supplement to IDC MaturityScape: Program Management Office (IDC #249136, June 2014). Together, they provide a comprehensive overview of IDC's PMO maturity model:
- The study presents the results from quantitative research that will enable organizations to assess their PMO maturity level against industry benchmarks.
- In IDC MaturityScape: Program Management Office (IDC #249136, June 2014), we described IDC's PMO Maturity framework, which identifies the stages, dimensions, outcomes, and actions required for companies to deliver impact and business outcomes.
This document enables organizations to answer the following questions:
- How mature is my organization in its ability to leverage program and project management disciplines to deliver impact and business outcomes?
- What are the most common practices among high achievers that result in better program leadership and execution within the organization?
- What's the PMO discipline in organizations that are thriving versus those that are just keeping pace?
- How can my organization improve its PMO maturity as it embarks on the 3rd Platform adoption journey?
"IT organizations that succeed in program management of services offered by the 3rd Platform will be able to accommodate other new, often disruptive, technologies as well as ever-scaling complexities, increased demands for cost efficiency, and mounting security threats." -- Bill Keyworth, IDC vice president of Research