Summary “Airport Retail Survey and Luxury Trends 2015-2016” is a new report by Conlumino that globally analyzes prevailing trends in airport retailing and explores how travelers use airport retailing with specific insight on luxury brands, and how the dynamics are set to change in 2015-2016. This report highlights the key factors influencing customer opinion and purchasing patterns, and identifies preferred product categories, favorite airports in terms of retail experience, and popular brands preferred from both duty-free and duty paid airport retail outlets.
Key Findings - Overall, 60% of travelers spend 15 min or less per visit to a duty paid airport retail outlet
- The majority of respondents aged more than 45 years bought magazines and newspapers from airport retail outlets in the last year (2014)
- Respondents incurred significant expenditure on precious jewelry, briefcases, men's bags, and handbags during their visits to airport retail outlets
- In total, 92% of travelers intend to buy Dior products at an airport departure/duty-free area over the next year (2015)
- Competitive prices and the availability of luxury brands at discounted prices are key factors motivating travelers to purchase at airport retail stores
Synopsis This report examines travelers' opinion about the current trends in airport retailing and their retrospective effect on the marketing activities and business expansion plans adopted by the retailers. Furthermore, it analyses preferred travel destinations, shopping frequency, purchasing pattern, and average expenditure. In addition, the report examines time spent, brand preferences, and key factors that motivate travelers to purchase at airport retail stores.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Travelers' average shopping frequency at airport retail outlets: analyzes the average number of times a passenger shops at an airport retail outlet
- Travelers' average time spent at airport retail outlets: evaluates time spent per visit by a passenger to an airport retail outlet
- Products purchased from airport retail stores: determines what type of products passengers mostly shop for from airport retail stores
- Travelers' expenditure on product categories: evaluates passenger expenditure on specific product categories per visit
- Popular brands preferred at airport retail stores: identifies the popular brands purchased by travelers at airport retail stores
- Travelers' key drivers of demand growth in airport retail: identifies key factors that are compelling travelers to purchase at airport retail stores
- Travelers' favorite airports in terms of retail experience: determines favorite airports selected by passengers when it comes to shopping at airport retail outlets
- Travelers' preferred destinations to travel by air: highlights passengers' favorite destinations, which they intend to travel by air over the next year
- Popular products preferred at duty-free airport retail stores: identifies the catalog of products that travelers mostly intend to purchase at duty-free retail outlets
Reasons To Buy - The report analyzes the shopping pattern of travelers at airport retail stores and evaluates the average time spent per visit to an airport retail outlet
- The report identifies top selling retail products to enable airport retail outlets to allocate their marketing activities and budgets effectively
- The report provides specific insight on luxury brands, which helps airport retailers to restructure their operations, and store layout as per the passengers' preference towards popular brands
- The report guides airport retailers to understand the key factors that motivate travelers to purchase at airport retail stores
- The report provides information about duty-free product purchasing trends at airport retail outlets
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Scope of the Report The report titled “Global Airport Baggage Protection Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2017-2021)”, provides an in-depth analysis of the global airport baggage protection market by value. The report also gives an insight of the global airport market and airport retail market by value and by segments. The report...
Global Airport Retailing 2016-2021 Summary Airport retailing is the largest market in the broader international travel retail market. It includes all retail operations in airports (in departures and arrivals, airside and landside). The market does not include food and beverage revenues from airport bars and restaurants,...
GlobalData Travel and Tourism Survey 2017-2018 Summary Majority of air travelers are traveling for business purposes rather than leisure. Online price comparison websites and airline websites are mostly preferred by travelers for booking air tickets, as these channels help them to save money by finding the best deals....
Global Fashion Duty Free Retailing: Market Dynamics and Forecasts, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape Summary Duty free channel is attracting fashion retailers because of its growth opportunities. The large increase in international travelers, boosted by the growth of low cost airlines, and new air routes across...
99 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Jan 2017
About Duty-Free Retailing Duty-free retailers are those who are exempted from certain local and national taxes and duties because they sell goods to international travelers. However, taxes may be imposed on such goods once the buyer reaches their country of destination or when the value or quantity of those goods exceeds certain limits....
The global airport retailing market is estimated to grow from USD 31.79 billion in 2016 to USD 47.81 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2016 to 2021. The growth of the tourism sector, increasing incomes of the middle class population, easy availability of brands, and most importantly affordable prices of products are some of the factors...