Reinsurance in the UAE, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- February 2016
- 40 pages
- Report ID: 3085577
Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in the UAE, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the UAE reinsurance segment. It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2010–2014) and forecast period (2014–2019).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the UAE economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the UAE insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in the UAE, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the UAE reinsurance segment, including:
- The UAE reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
- A comprehensive overview of the UAE economy and demographics
- Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the UAE insurance industry
- The competitive landscape in the UAE reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the UAE:
- It provides historical values for the UAE reinsurance segment for the report’s 2010–2014 review period, and projected figures for the 2014–2019 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the UAE reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2019.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in the UAE, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the UAE reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the UAE reinsurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the UAE insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The percentage of reinsurance ceded by the UAE life insurance segment rose from 25.5% in 2010 to 52.7% in 2014.
- The percentage of reinsurance ceded by the UAE non-life segment fell from 45.5% in 2010 to 44.8% in 2014.
- Over the forecast period, the country’s rising infrastructure growth, high oil production and exports, and new capital and solvency requirements are all projected to drive demand for reinsurance, which is expected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 5.9%.
- Large oil reserves and fast-growing oil production in the UAE and other GCC countries create large demand for reinsurance.