Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retailing in the UK - Market Summary and Forecasts; Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2019
Summary Jewelry, watches and accessories witnessed a steady growth in 2014 and sales in the product sector are expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.08% over the analysis period. Specialist retailers accounted for 55.4% of sales in 2014 while sales through online channel is also gaining momentum. Increasing number of consumers are browsing social media websites and online before purchasing luxury products. The competition between specialist store-based retailers and online retailers is expected to intensify over the analysis period as the jewelry, watches, and accessories market becomes more mature and saturated.
Key Findings - Jewelry, watches and accessories accounts for a small share of 1.8% of the total retail sales in the UK.
- Specialist retailers were the most preferred channel for customers, having accounted for 55% of jewelry, watches and accessories sales in 2014
- Fashion and costume jewelry has seen a strong growth which is believed to last until the forecast period.
- Sales through online channel stood at 6.5% of the total sales in the sector in 2014 and are expected to reach 8.8% by 2019.
Synopsis “Jewelry, Watches and Accessories Retailing in the UK - Market Summary and Forecasts” ” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting jewelry, watches and accessories retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of jewelry, watches and accessories through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; duty free retailers
- An overview of key jewelry, watches and accessories retailers operating across the UK and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on jewelry, watches and accessories sector in the UK's retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in jewelry, watches and accessories category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including jewelry, watches and accessories, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the jewelry, watches and accessories market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the jewelry, watches and accessories market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Milk in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers liquid, powdered and flavoured cow's milk. It excludes condensed, evaporated, sour and cultured milk. Market size is based on retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Milk in...
Third-party pickup in the UK 2018-2023 Summary "Third-party pickup in the UK 2018-2023", report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Channels series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer and market dynamics of the third-party pickup channel. The report analyses the market, the main trends,...
Tea and Infusions in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers packaged and unpackaged black, green, oolong, white and Pu'er teas, infusions and yerba mate. It excludes RTD liquid products. Market size is based on retail (off trade)...
Pasta in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all pasta consumption including fresh, dry, frozen, canned and other. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market size for Pasta in UK is given in GBP...
Hair Styling Agents in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers sprays, gels, cream, liquid, mousse and other hair styling agents. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes...
Soap, Bath and Shower Products in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers solid and liquid soap, bath and shower products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. Market size for Soap,...