Summary 'Pyramid Research estimates that telecom services in Mali will generate revenue of $789bn, or 6.0% of GDP, in 2015. Mobile voice will be the major contributor, accounting for 79.8% of total revenue in 2015. Over the 2015-2020 forecast period, mobile voice revenue will continue to grow at a healthy rate, although mobile data will be the fastest -growing segment. The growing adoption and usage of low-cost smartphones and value-added services will drive mobile data growth. Mali remains a mobile market at its core despite investment in fixed infrastructure for broadband services, and we project mobile services to account for 91.7% of total service revenue in 2020.
Key Findings - Pyramid Research estimates that telecom services in Mali will generate revenue of $789bn, or 6.0% of GDP, in 2015. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 7.0% over the 2015-2020 forecast period.
- The top two operators, Orange Mali and Malitel, which provide fixed and mobile services, account for 99.4% of telecom service revenue in the country. The entry of third mobile network operator Alpha Telecom and the first MVNO Aidou Telecom in 2015 will enhance competition during the 2016-2020 period.
- Pyramid Research expects 3G subscriptions to reach 5.5m or 16.2% of total mobile subscriptions in 2020 from 1.2m or 4.5% in 2015. LTE subscriptions will reach 1.0m by year-end 2020, 3.1% of total mobile subscriptions.
- The total number of fixed access lines will increase by 11% year-on-year to reach 168,000 at year-end 2015, a result of growing investment in fixed infrastructure.
Synopsis “Mali: Mobile Data Services, Competition and Network Improvement Spur Market Evolution” reportprovides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mali today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Malian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following: - Mali in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region
- Economic, demographic and political context in Mali
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, and mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator (for mobile), average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Mali
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of telecommunications market of Mali, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mali's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 15 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of telecom market of Mali.
- Contains analysis of key telecom players in the market and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Mali.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Global smartphone security market is anticipated to grow at the CAGR of 46.1% during 2017-2024. The major opportunities for the market are advancement in technology and development of the cloud security software. The major driving factor of the market are increasing cyber-attacks, rise in smartphone internet users, upsurge in number of online...
"Investments in next-generation infrastructure in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as the expansion of network coverage in the region, will drive fixed broadband revenue during the forecast period." We estimate that fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will increase by EUR1.1 billion...
This country report and accompanying data annex provide a comprehensive overview of Serbia's telecoms market, including KPIs and data on subscribers, penetration, revenue and ARPU. The report analyses the strategies of major players in the country's fixed and mobile telecoms markets, and includes market share data and operators' infrastructure...
This IDC study analyzes the installed base of smartphone users across the globe by operating system (OS). It combines IDC's extensive knowledge of smartphones, smartphone users, subscribers, subscriber growth, and challenges and opportunities for different OSs. The document also covers the worldwide installed base of feature phone users. Findings...
132 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Dec 2018
UK aiming to be fully-fibred by 2033 The UK’s telecom market remains one of the largest in Europe, characterised by fierce competition which has resulted in reduced pricing for end-users. Following some market consolidation in the mobile segment there are four key players and a number of MVNOs. Mobile broadband in...
This IDC study presents the five-year forecast for the worldwide business use smartphone shipments by operating system and user type (consumer, individual liable, and corporate liable). It is part of IDC's continuing research with respect to mobile devices. Findings in this document are based on information gathered from primary and secondary...
124 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Dec 2018
Brazil gains further increases in bandwidth The Brazilian fixed-line market in recent years has been adversely affected by consumers substituting services for mobile and VoIP solutions. The number of fixed lines continues to fall slowly, despite gains in the VoIP sector. Internet connectivity in Brazil is provided...
116 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Oct 2018
Spain’s telcos sign more fibre sharing agreements Spain’s telecom market is one of the largest in Europe, supported by a population of more than 46 million. The poor economic climate which followed the GFC in 2008/9 was exacerbated by high unemployment and reduced disposable income among consumers. A five-year recession,...
"Although cable operators occupy a strong position in the US market, there may be opportunities for a new 5G fixed–wireless access (FWA) entrant to gain market share and attract cord-cutters." Verizon will launch its new 5G Home mmWave fixed–wireless access (FWA) service on 1 October 2018. Although Verizon...
"Broadband competition is intensifying as operators race to roll out FTTP infrastructure. " This report examines key trends and drivers, and provides a comprehensive fixed telecoms market forecast for Western Europe and for 16 individually modelled countries including country views...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.