Summary 'Pyramid Research estimates that telecom services in Mali will generate revenue of $789bn, or 6.0% of GDP, in 2015. Mobile voice will be the major contributor, accounting for 79.8% of total revenue in 2015. Over the 2015-2020 forecast period, mobile voice revenue will continue to grow at a healthy rate, although mobile data will be the fastest -growing segment. The growing adoption and usage of low-cost smartphones and value-added services will drive mobile data growth. Mali remains a mobile market at its core despite investment in fixed infrastructure for broadband services, and we project mobile services to account for 91.7% of total service revenue in 2020.
Key Findings - Pyramid Research estimates that telecom services in Mali will generate revenue of $789bn, or 6.0% of GDP, in 2015. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 7.0% over the 2015-2020 forecast period.
- The top two operators, Orange Mali and Malitel, which provide fixed and mobile services, account for 99.4% of telecom service revenue in the country. The entry of third mobile network operator Alpha Telecom and the first MVNO Aidou Telecom in 2015 will enhance competition during the 2016-2020 period.
- Pyramid Research expects 3G subscriptions to reach 5.5m or 16.2% of total mobile subscriptions in 2020 from 1.2m or 4.5% in 2015. LTE subscriptions will reach 1.0m by year-end 2020, 3.1% of total mobile subscriptions.
- The total number of fixed access lines will increase by 11% year-on-year to reach 168,000 at year-end 2015, a result of growing investment in fixed infrastructure.
Synopsis “Mali: Mobile Data Services, Competition and Network Improvement Spur Market Evolution” reportprovides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mali today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Malian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following: - Mali in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region
- Economic, demographic and political context in Mali
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, and mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator (for mobile), average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Mali
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of telecommunications market of Mali, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mali's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 15 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of telecom market of Mali.
- Contains analysis of key telecom players in the market and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Mali.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
28 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jun 2018
Mali grants its first LTE licence Mali has a challenging geography for the provision of telecommunication services, with large tracks of the country being sparsely populated desert. Many settlements are hard to reach, making them difficult and expensive to service with effective backhaul infrastructure. Security...
The research work strategically analyzes Mali telecommunications market, examining the recent trends, drivers and challenges across diverse dimensions such as growth, demand, pricing, competition, consumer behaviour, infrastructure, policies and others. The study also provides in–depth analysis of segment wise telecommunications including...
Mali Telecom outlook report is a comprehensive analytical research on the Mali’s cellular, fixed telephone and fixed broadband segments. Through detailed analysis of the current market conditions and industry trends, the report analyzes the Mali telecommunications sector. In addition to emerging industry trends, consumption patterns,...
Mali’s Mobile Services Market (Volume and Revenue Analytics) to 2020: Review of Mobile Subscriptions Segmentation, Usage, ARPS, Churn and Overall Revenues Summary "Mali’s Mobile Services Market (Volume and Revenue Analytics) to 2020: Review of Mobile Subscriptions Segmentation, Usage, ARPS, Churn and Overall Revenues"...
Summary Telecom services revenue in Mali is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2016-2021, driven by growth in fixed broadband and mobile data revenue. Mobile voice will continue to remain the largest revenue-contributing segment through 2021. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market and is estimated...
Summary The telecommunications market in Mali will generate overall telecom services revenue of $690m in 2015. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 6.2% over the 2015-2020 period, driven by growth in mobile voice and particularly mobile data. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment (CAGR of 15.9% over the forecast...