Adding Value Through Packaging: Confectionery ; Using Pack-Track to identify pack formats and features that make a brand worth paying more for
- October 2015
- 19 pages
The confectionery sector has seen some notable packaging innovations recently in terms of consumer appeal and engagement. This report was compiled using Canadean's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category. It discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within Canadean's TrendSights framework.
Consumers' changing lifestyles mean that packaging is evolving to meet the demands of new consumption opportunities for confectionery products. On-the-go occasions require convenient, highly functional packs, while sharing at home means there is a place for more stylish formats that bring a sense of indulgence and enjoyment.
Packaging plays an increasingly important role in creating sensory experiences associated with a particular product or brand. The look and feel of the pack and the manual ritual involved in opening and dispensing form part of the consumer experience and can drive brand and product loyalty. Mobile technology can also be employed to provide the consumer with an enhanced, memorable brand experience.
Adding Value Through Packaging: Confectionery explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the confectionery category, using examples from Canadean's Pack-Track innovation tool.
Your key questions answered:
- What drives packaging innovations in confectionery?
- What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the confectionery category in recent years?
- Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
- How can confectionery manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
Reasons To Buy
- Use Canadean's Added Value Through Packaging reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of the sensory element of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.