Summary Singapore is one of the world's pre-eminent offshore investment centers, with 81% of the wealth invested in funds sourced from non-residents. However, the onshore market is a major source of assets under management (AUM) in its own right, with 1.0 million affluent individuals despite the city state's small population. As a regional trading hub Singapore's growth rates are closely tied to the health of regional powerhouses such as China, India, and Indonesia; however, even with growth slowing in some of these economies, Singapore's wealth market will continue to post rates that are the envy of the developed world.
Key Findings - HNW individuals totaled 29,600 in 2015, a tiny proportion of the overall population and well below the levels seen in the US or Switzerland.
- HNW liquid assets are expected to grow by roughly 7.5% a year between 2015 and 2019.
- Bonds will be the fastest-growing asset class, but more due to greater availability than client demand.
- While Singapore attracts significant offshore investment, residents are also keen to invest abroad - 34% of AUM is invested offshore
Synopsis Verdict Financial's “Wealth in Singapore: Sizing the Market Opportunity” analyzes the Singaporean wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Singaporean retail investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as hedge funds, property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments by Singaporean HNW clients.
Reasons To Buy - Benchmark your share of the Singaporean wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in Singapore.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding the investment mix of the local onshore investment market.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
India Polycarbonate Market By Resin Type (Virgin & Regrind) By Product Type (Polycarbonate Sheets, Polycarbonate Tubes/pipes, etc.), By Application (Car/Aircraft Windows, Glazing & Disks), By End User, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2013 - 2023 According to “India Polycarbonate Market By Resin Type By Product...
Acquisitions and mergers over the last several decades have dramatically changed the landscape of the connector, cable, and cable assembly market. - How have acquisitions changed the standing of the top 10 connector manufacturers? The top 50 or the top 100 connector manufacturers? - How have acquisitions affected...
This IDC Perspective examines how Calgary Drop-In Centre (the DI) is looking to utilize cloud, blockchain, and other technologies to improve operational efficiency, enhance communication with partner agencies, and improve the well-being of its clients."The DI is a great example of DX as it illustrates that organizations of all shapes and sizes...
UK Commercial Property Insurance: Market Dynamics and Opportunities 2018 Summary "UK Commercial Property Insurance: Market Dynamics and Opportunities 2018", report provides an in-depth analysis of the UK commercial property insurance market. Among the points discussed include the size of the market,...
Formwork Market Size and Forecast, By Material Type (Timber & Plywood, Aluminum, Steel) And Trend Analysis, 2014 - 2024 The global formwork market size is expected to reach USD 6.06 billion by 2024. The growth is attributed to rapidly expanding residential and commercial construction sector due to new construction activities and renovation...
95 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Aug 2018
About Online Home Rental Services Online home rental services are defined as a service wherein vendors offer a platform to landowners to list their properties online for attracting and reaching many tenants. Technavio’s analysts forecast the Global Online Home Rental Services Market to grow at a CAGR of 14.54%...
Wealth in India: Sizing the Market Opportunity Summary The outlook is positive for the Indian wealth market, with performance over the coming five years set to improve on the previous five.India’s economy is performing strongly, with reforms such as the goods and services tax starting to take effect...
The global corporate secretarial services market accounted to US$835.5 Mn in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period 2018 – 2025, to account to US$1,440.5 Mn by 2025 Business diversity is one of the major concerns hovering around the globalization of any organization.For any company to tap larger international...
110 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Dec 2018
About this market The trend that can influence the growth of the global brisket market is the growing preference for clean labeled products. The country of origin plays an important role in influencing the purchase decisions of consumers, directly or indirectly. Technavio’s analysts have predicted that the brisket market...
121 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Nov 2018
About this market With the rapid advancements in the chemical industry, companies have been encouraging the development of new forms of polyurethane foams including the photo cross-linkable polyurethane. Such developments result in an increasing adoption of spray polyurethane in different applications. Technavio’s analysts...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.