Michelin SCA (ML) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 32 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Michelin SCA (Michelin) is a tire manufacturing company. It manufactures and sells tires for vehicles including two-wheelers, passenger cars, vans, farm, mining handling equipment, earthmovers, aircraft and trucks, among others. It also offers travel assistance products such as maps, guides, and operates digital products and digital services. The company also develops and distributes lifestyle products such as car and bicycle accessories; sports, leisure and work accessories; gifts and collectables. In addition, the company offers services related to the trucking industry which include managing fleets, safeguard cargo maintenance and to improve reliability and uptime. It key brands include Kleber, Riken, Taurus, Tigar, Warrior, Uniroyal, Michelin, Kormoran, Siamtyre and BFGoodrich. The company’s products are distributed through three integrated distribution networks, Euromaster, TYREPLUS and TCi. It also sells tires online through Allopneus in France and Blackcircles.com in the UK. Michelin has its presence in North America, South America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Michelin is headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Michelin SCA - Key Facts 5
Michelin SCA - Major Products and Services 6
Michelin SCA - History 7
Michelin SCA - Locations And Subsidiaries 11
Head Office 11
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 11
Section 2 – Company Analysis 13
Michelin SCA - Business Description 13
Michelin SCA - Corporate Strategy 14
Michelin SCA - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Michelin SCA - Strengths 15
Michelin SCA - Weaknesses 16
Michelin SCA - Opportunities 17
Michelin SCA - Threats 18
Michelin SCA - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 26
Michelin SCA, Recent Deals Summary 27
Section 4 – Appendix 28
Ratio Definitions 28
About GlobalData 32
Contact Us 32
List of Tables
Michelin SCA, Key Facts 5
Michelin SCA, Major Products and Services 6
Michelin SCA, History 7
Michelin SCA, Subsidiaries 11
Michelin SCA, Key Competitors 19
Michelin SCA, Ratios based on current share price 20
Michelin SCA, Annual Ratios 21
Michelin SCA, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 22
Michelin SCA, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 23
Michelin SCA, Interim Ratios 25
Michelin SCA, Recent Deals Summary 27
Currency Codes 28
Capital Market Ratios 28
Equity Ratios 29
Profitability Ratios 29
Cost Ratios 30
Liquidity Ratios 30
Leverage Ratios 31
Efficiency Ratios 31
List of Figures
Michelin SCA, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 24
Michelin SCA, Ratio Charts 26
- Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Pirelli & C. S.p.A.
- MRF Ltd
- Kumho Tire Co. Inc.
- Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.
- CEAT Limited
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Apollo Tyres Ltd